Introduce age limit for fast food outlets , sweets, cakes - combat obesity

Would you like to see a ban for anyone under 12 buying sweets, fast food ??  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a ban for anyone under 12 buying sweets, fast food ??

• Yes, good idea
    • No, stupid idea

This world is going mad! I was told friday in preparation of my son taking a packed lunch that the school DONT ALLOW chocolate of any kind in their packed lunch!!! Now who the hell are the school to tell me what i can or cant put in my childs lunch box?, this comment wasnt said to me i overheard another parent asking about packed lunch so before anyone starts i have a healthy slim 4 yr old who has a balanced diet and isnt really that bothered chocolate but it was the point of it that annoyed me, how dare they dictate what i can feed my child? Nanny state gone OTT

Another stupid idea......I a fatty...yes I am obese....have been most of my adult life but I have daughter the largest of whom is a size 10 and sons who have had collapsed lungs because they are tall and thin. Not all obesity is from overeating and fat parents are not necessarily so stupid they feed their kids junk

This world is going mad! I was told friday in preparation of my son taking a packed lunch that the school DONT ALLOW chocolate of any kind in their packed lunch!!! Now who the hell are the school to tell me what i can or cant put in my childs lunch box?, this comment wasnt said to me i overheard another parent asking about packed lunch so before anyone starts i have a healthy slim 4 yr old who has a balanced diet and isnt really that bothered chocolate but it was the point of it that annoyed me, how dare they dictate what i can feed my child? Nanny state gone OTT

I agree, it seems to be a bit restrictive, did you ask why?

My sister sent her boys to school with pb&j sandwiches. That afternoon, she was told that peanut butter was NOT allowed in her younger son's classroom. A classmate persuaded my nephew to hand over half his sandwich. The other child had a peanut allergy and suffered a severe reaction.

Maybe an easier answer to child obesity would be to take away all their electronic games and telly's and get them to go outside and work their exess fat off by playing footie, rugger, tig, by walking instead of getting parents to run them all over - like we did in the old days. Not as many fatties in the 50's/60's that's a fact.

Regards

Angel.

Too true! And we got to eat sweets, chocolates and biscuits too - and what about all those jam sandwiches and oooh! dripping sandwiches with lashings of salt - all that fat stuff and hardly any obese children. Now, I wonder why that was.......? Could it be to do with.....

no......surely not...... that they walked practically everywhere, they played outside - even running (now there's a novelty!) and so didn't have time to become obese!

Kids these days as Angel says just sit in front of their computers or playstations or TV and don't do anything else - no wonder there are so many obese children about!

the government tax junk food they cannot tax "playing outside" if they could then kids would play out instead of eating and buying computer games. They may force gym membership on fatties but the government wont do anything without their slice of tax revenue

Too true! And we got to eat sweets, chocolates and biscuits too - and what about all those jam sandwiches and oooh! dripping sandwiches with lashings of salt - all that fat stuff and hardly any obese children. Now, I wonder why that was.......? Could it be to do with.....

no......surely not...... that they walked practically everywhere, they played outside - even running (now there's a novelty!) and so didn't have time to become obese!

Kids these days as Angel says just sit in front of their computers or playstations or TV and don't do anything else - no wonder there are so many obese children about!

We all played outside when I was a kid, but you can't leave them outside today unless you stay with them all the time.

Children would then have to spend a day looking at pictures of obese people

What a terrible punishment. And when the country has an anorexia epidemic, what then, if they refuse a donut, and insist on a lettuce leaf instead? Show them pictures of anorexic people?

There are those that eat crap, and those that spout it. I know which I prefer to be in the company of.

What a terrible punishment. And when the country has an anorexia epidemic, what then, if they refuse a donut, and insist on a lettuce leaf instead? Show them pictures of anorexic people?

There are those that eat crap, and those that spout it. I know which I prefer to be in the company of.

Well put Dark Lord. I tend to agree.

Of course the problem with the OP's suggestion is that it's nanny stateism gone mad. It would simply glamourise the notion and probably

a) make eating junk seem more attractive

b) encourage the growth of a black market in high fat/crap nutritional content foods.

Archived