Have the riots made people more racist?

3. People like ronthenekred would rather some of us kept our opinions to ourselves.

Absolutely in a debate forum, if you think your opinions are not questionable. If you do, then air your opinions to someone/thing that's incapable of a reply...maybe a new born or microwave as a suggestion.

Absolutely in a debate forum, if you think your opinions are not questionable. If you do, then air your opinions to someone/thing that's incapable of a reply...maybe a new born or microwave as a suggestion.

I'll take it that you are a microwave ron, purely based on the date you started posting here of course ..... catch ya later ...... ping :D

Oh and let's not forget that you entered into 'our' debate by telling me what I should have posted

But what you forgot to follow through with is..."although knife and gun crime overall is not defined by colour because White gun crime is just as prevalent". What I have noticed with racists is they use "Black people" as a blanket term as if their Blackness is the route of the problem and not their gender or social status.

If remarks are consistently aimed at a specific without any counter balance then don't come squealing when the racist tag is applied.

I think your agenda here is questionable ron ....:D

For the benefit of Halibut (who likes other peoples opinions, but offers very little himself) !

I don't know andy, it's that simple ! I am not a criminal or social psychologist, do you know the answer andy ? I am allowed to post an opinion without having answers to the whys and wherefores of social ills :thumbsup:

The answer is no. But black people still find themselves (relatively speaking) less likely to be in work, more likely to be poor and more likely to be arrested, tried and found guilty than their white counterparts.

1. The vast majority of football hooligans are white.

Yes.

2. A lot of knife and gun crime in Sheffield is commited by black people.

Possibly.

3. People like ronthenekred would rather some of us kept our opinions to ourselves

I think we'd just like it if you'd say what you mean rather than coming out with this dreary 'poor me' cack about 'I can't say what I really think or people might say unkind tings about me'.

Yes.

Possibly.

I think we'd just like it if you'd say what you mean rather than coming out with this dreary 'poor me' cack about 'I can't say what I really think or people might say unkind tings about me'.

Possibly ! Are you really so blind, plain ignorant or both ?

I have said what I mean't to say, and I will repeat it one more time just for you:

" A lot of knife and gun crime in Sheffield is commited by black people"

Can you honestly tell me I'm wrong, or are you just being awkward (as usual) ?

If you want to insinuate other than that, then just like ron you have an agenda on here to silence opinion by claiming that my comments are of the 'racist' kind, true or false ?

Now just in case you find things a tad difficult to understand, I am not a 'racist', nor have I made any 'racist' comments, more so I do not agree with the agendas of you and some of your ilk to imply that posters like me are !

I seem to recall I have had this same issue with you on here before !!!!!

Oh and let's not forget that you entered into 'our' debate by telling me what I should have posted

Who's "our"?

I never told you anything...it was merely an extension of your statement. You preceeded with "but if" which implies generalisation or devils advocate and I replied as such. The point is you took it personally because it seems it wasn't a "what if" but an "I believe"?

but if I come on here and say a lot of gun and knife crime is commited by Black people in Sheffield, what happens ? I get accused of having racist views

So you're now saying it's what you really think and want to say rather than a "but if" scenario? in order to shield yourself for fear of being called a racist?

If I've called you a racist it would be handy to point it out considering I was replying to a scenario of your invention.

You are most welcome to question me on my "agenda"...please do.

Possibly ! Are you really so blind, plain ignorant or both ?

I have said what I mean't to say, and I will repeat it one more time just for you:

" A lot of knife and gun crime in Sheffield is commited by black people"

Can you honestly tell me I'm wrong, or are you just being awkward (as usual) ?

If you want to insinuate other than that, then just like ron you have an agenda on here to silence opinion by claiming that my comments are of the 'racist' kind, true or false ?

Now just in case you find things a tad difficult to understand, I am not a 'racist', nor have I made any 'racist' comments, more so I do not agree with the agendas of you and some of your ilk to imply that posters like me are !

I seem to recall I have had this same issue with you on here before !!!!!

The crucial question is why, Michael. If we accept that a lot of gun and knife crime is committed by blacks, we need to ask why.

I have some thoughts on that. What are yours?

Who's "our"?

I never told you anything...it was merely an extension of your statement. You preceeded with "but if" which implies generalisation or devils advocate and I replied as such. The point is you took it personally because it seems it wasn't a "what if" but an "I believe"?

So you're now saying it's what you really think and want to say rather than a "but if" scenario? in order to shield yourself for fear of being called a racist?

If I've called you a racist it would be handy to point it out considering I was replying to a scenario of your invention.

You are most welcome to question me on my "agenda"...please do.

Deflecting are we ron ?

Why do you keep quoting little snippets like 'but if' out my posts ?

I find that strange really when I quoted almost a full post of yours which you can't respond to without dissecting it into babble !

'our' is referring to me and thee ron !

I never said you had called me racist, it's the insinuations and even assumptions that litter your responses !

I'm not questioning your agenda ron I'm making assumptions .... like you do :thumbsup:

The crucial question is why, Michael. If we accept that a lot of gun and knife crime is committed by blacks, we need to ask why.

I have some thoughts on that. What are yours?

The crucial question to who Halibut ? You, me, the communities affected, society as a whole ?

You half heartedly decide to 'accept' what I have posted, then ask me why ?

I'll tell you what, how about you offering your thoughts on some solutions to these problems Halibut instead of trying to create issues that don't exist on here :thumbsup:

Archived