Have the riots made people more racist?

Deflecting are we ron ?

Why do you keep quoting little snippets like 'but if' out my posts ?

I find that strange really when I quoted almost a full post of yours which you can't respond to without dissecting it into babble !

'our' is referring to me and thee ron !

I never said you had called me racist, it's the insinuations and even assumptions that litter your responses !

I'm not questioning your agenda ron I'm making assumptions .... like you do :thumbsup:

:huh:Deflecting? from what? Your statement is there to see in black n White.

Again..in Black n White, you think my agenda is questionable..then question it or let it go.

I've assumed nothing of you personally..in all honesty I never even heard of you before apart from the odd fleeting glance, so please don't put yourself up there.

I don't know you, I don't know of you as a poster. I don't even know if you're a racist or not. I commented on a "but if" statement you made and you went into such a defensive mode It'll probably take Semtex to release your sphincter.

The crucial question to who Halibut ? You, me, the communities affected, society as a whole ?

You half heartedly decide to 'accept' what I have posted, then ask me why ?

I'll tell you what, how about you offering your thoughts on some solutions to these problems Halibut instead of trying to create issues that don't exist on here :thumbsup:

The question is one that society needs to ask, but I'm talking to you, so I'm asking you.

Before we can ask for solutions of course we need to understand why, you do see that don't you?

The question is one that society needs to ask, but I'm talking to you, so I'm asking you.

Before we can ask for solutions of course we need to understand why, you do see that don't you?

Perhaps you need to ask why young blacks are more attracted to the drug/gang/crime/gun culture than their equivalents in white skin. If we understood why, we could consider solutions, yes?

:huh:Deflecting? from what? Your statement is there to see in black n White.

Again..in Black n White, you think my agenda is questionable..then question it or let it go.

I've assumed nothing of you personally..in all honesty I never even heard of you before apart from the odd fleeting glance, so please don't put yourself up there.

I don't know you, I don't know of you as a poster. I don't even know if you're a racist or not. I commented on a "but if" statement you made and you went into such a defensive mode It'll probably take Semtex to release your sphincter.

Wow where are you going with this ron, it's you who should let it go, I will remind you again, how you entered into this debate with me, read it slowly if you like:

But what you forgot to follow through with is..."although knife and gun crime overall is not defined by colour because White gun crime is just as prevalent". What I have noticed with racists is they use "Black people" as a blanket term as if their Blackness is the route of the problem and not their gender or social status.

If remarks are consistently aimed at a specific without any counter balance then don't come squealing when the racist tag is applied.

Were you or were you not suggesting what I should have posted ?

Thats how I read your opening sentence, then you go on about 'what you have noticed with racists' blah blah blah ......... if you were not making insinuations or assumptions what was the relevance or indeed point of your post ?

That ron will be my last response to you on this thread because there is no point arguing with you !

Finally in response to Halibut, who has thoughts but wants mine (I see a pattern here).

Thankyou Halibut for accepting my statement was right without making too much of your usual drama, but if you think I am going to give you my thoughts on the 'whys' while you sit on yours, like some childish game, your mistaken .... and I will end my discussion on here with you also !

Finally in response to Halibut, who has thoughts but wants mine (I see a pattern here).

Thankyou Halibut for accepting my statement was right without making too much of your usual drama, *but if you think I am going to give you my thoughts on the 'whys' while you sit on yours, like some childish game, your mistaken .... and I will end my discussion on here with you also !

Bold*= The next time Halibut actualy gives some information rather than snipe will be a first.

It's about time MODS saw throught Halibuts constant none contributing sniping.

Wow where are you going with this ron, it's you who should let it go, I will remind you again, how you entered into this debate with me, read it slowly if you like:

Absolute tosh. You made an ill thought out statement pre empted with "but if" as though that statement wasn't your thought and finished it with..I'd be called a racist. Not surprising when you make such a bold statement and back it up with NOTHING as a defence of it. You're quite prepared to talk tosh but when confronted you run behind "I don't have the psychological or social skills to answer", but squeal I just wanted to make the statement without having to justify it, which implies you don't like to be questioned, let alone be questioned on a race issue. You just wanted everyone to agree with you.

If you wish not to be regarded as a racist (which no one has accused you of) then at least have the convictions to follow through with debate rather than hide behind weak, uncorroborated waffle.

So...is the following your view?

"but if I come on here and say a lot of gun and knife crime is commited by Black people in Sheffield"

If you're dim on the subject why would you make such a statement? For those who think Black, knife and gun crime are wholly synonymous then your statement rings true. Then again the statement could be true outright, but only after a dissection through debate...not because you say so because of a fear of being labelled.

Were you or were you not suggesting what I should have posted ?

I never suggested you do anything. I suggested in order for you not to be regarded racist (which you seem to be wobbling over) you would enter into further debate.. surely? I was communicating with a figment of your own imagination..just so happens that figment was the real you as it now turns out.

From your point of view your statement was flawed based on a soundbite rather than any insight or knowledge on the subject. So no it wasn't a suggestion to you, it was a suggestion to anyone who would make such a statement as a vehicle to take it further than your proposed narrow field of vision.

Or 'hugely disproportionate'. We have people from a demographic group that accounts for 1% of the population filling 20% of the jail cells and committing even higher proportions of some crimes - meaning they are 20 times more likely to commit crime than most other people.

Of course, the response will be to blame the Police for picking on them.

Yeah yeah... Any reason other than the colour for disproportionate numbers? Or is that a difficult one?

Yeah yeah... Any reason other than the colour for disproportionate numbers? Or is that a difficult one?
Can you explain why on a pro-rata basis some groups are 20 times more likely to be jailed for gang/gun crime (and other types of crime but we'll not go there).

Can you explain why on a pro-rata basis some groups are 20 times more likely to be jailed for gang/gun crime (and other types of crime but we'll not go there).

I'll field that one. If we're talking about young black people its a mixture of socio-economics and a backs-against-the-wall mentality due to being made to feel unwelcome in the country they live in.

Or perhaps its the black rap/hiphop artists that young blacks are listening to perpetuating the above "truisms".

Archived