Toy poodles attacked in wombwell woods.

I am posting this thread in hope that someone will know who owns the dogs that savagely attacked and killed one of my toy poodles.

This happened today, (Sat 17th sept) in wombwell woods at around 2:30pm.

There were three young men (late 20s) walking, or probably hunting rabbits in the woods near wombwell lane with a pack of around 6-8 dogs, these included a large tan greyhound that must have some rib injuries from where I kicked repeatedly trying, in vain for it to let go of little Max who subsequently died three hours later.

I cannot give a good description of the men but will recognise them when I next see them. The best I can say is that they are all slim to medium build, around 5-10", and quite scruffy looking, two are cowards as they didnt help but all three ran off.

To say I am heartbroken is an understatement as is my wife.

Please will anyone knowing them, or if one of them is reading this, get in touch so that steps can be taken as for this not to happen again

Thanks.

oh my god i cannot even try and think how you are feeling,i recently lost my dogs age 13 and 14 yrs old through old age and a good life which was tragic enough for me but to lose your dog in such a way must be heartbreaking,these scroats dont realise how much we love our pets.

my thought are with you and your wife and i hope someone on sf will name and shamese scroats.

oh my god i cannot even try and think how you are feeling,i recently lost my dogs age 13 and 14 yrs old through old age and a good life which was tragic enough for me but to lose your dog in such a way must be heartbreaking,these scroats dont realise how much we love our pets.

my thought are with you and your wife and i hope someone on sf will name and shamese scroats.

I lost Toby three years ago through old age, he was a toy poodle too.

That was devastating enough even though we knew it was going to happen, but to lose one this way just doesn't, I cant even find words.

Devastated doesn't come close.

Archived