Toy poodles attacked in wombwell woods.

Jay

I'm gutted for you. Our Molly showed me a picture last night of her sat with them. I can't tell her, she will be devastated. I'm so sorry for your loss pal. I know how much you loved him and how beautiful he was. What a shame you couldn't deal with the attacking dog properly. I hope you find out who's they were. I'm only a phone call away pal.

I need to find them Sean. If the other two lads had helped, thing might not have been as bad, the greyhound ran about thirty feet away from me and started shaking him like a rag doll, that's what eventually killed him, he had several broken ribs and punctured lungs.

I cant get it out of my head.

They have to live local and someone will know them.

They had local accents and didn't look like they could afford a car or van and I didn't see one either.

Other walkers were walking around a conservation area and as dogs that attacked were heading in that direction, had to have been seen.

I opened this thread in hope that someone will know them, how many people have 7-8 dogs and live near wombwell woods? Surely cant be many!

Gutted and sad to read about this Jay. Won't dwell on how you must be feeling. I don't know you of course but I hope you don't go back looking for these people yourself, I'm not sure you will be able to remain calm if you happen to come across them. Again, really sorry for you mate.

I'm sorry, that wasn't aimed at you, it was for Tony Ericson.

I don't know how I mixed that up

Apologies again

Dont apologise mate.

It can get confusing on here at times.

Best of British with finding these irrisponsable dog owners.

The police should really be activly seeking them out. Your dog could sadly be the 1st of many if something isnt done soon.

RIP to the little fella :(

I am posting this thread in hope that someone will know who owns the dogs that savagely attacked and killed one of my toy poodles.

This happened today, (Sat 17th sept) in wombwell woods at around 2:30pm.

There were three young men (late 20s) walking, or probably hunting rabbits in the woods near wombwell lane with a pack of around 6-8 dogs, these included a large tan greyhound that must have some rib injuries from where I kicked repeatedly trying, in vain for it to let go of little Max who subsequently died three hours later.

I cannot give a good description of the men but will recognise them when I next see them. The best I can say is that they are all slim to medium build, around 5-10", and quite scruffy looking, two are cowards as they didnt help but all three ran off.

To say I am heartbroken is an understatement as is my wife.

Please will anyone knowing them, or if one of them is reading this, get in touch so that steps can be taken as for this not to happen again

Thanks.

Im so sorry to hear this . We walk our two dogs in Wombwell woods ,but didnt take them there this weekend( luckily for us). We have never seen this group of men rabbiting ,but i will keep my eyes open when we are down there ,and will report them to the police if we see them .

Again, im so sorry for your loss.

Jaybow i live in Wombwell i'm making enquiries. Tony you are a complete joke, please don't post on this thread.

Many many thanks. Any enquiries are welcome.

I'm overwhelmed at the kind words that have been posted.

Zak is doing fine, his injuries were not as bad as first suspected.

Thanks again

Archived