Are Women As Bad As Men At Swearing??

I can't honestly say I don't swear, but my swearing is very mild it is the odd bloody or s**t usually when something goes wrong or I have hurt myself. I would not however swear in public I think it sounds so bad when young girls do it and they just use really bad words like the C and F word in general conversation. Every sentence seems to consist of 4 non swear words and 4 swear words with a couple of innits thrown in.

How do they manage in say an interview situation when they don't know how to speak correctly?

But is isn't just girls boys do it too, it is just more noticable in girls I think and I believe it is a generation thing.

I think swearing very much depends on your surroundings and the situation. I swear like a trooper some days at work depending on what's going on (or not as the case may be!) There's no airs or graces at my place of work!

However i'd never knowingly swear in front of kids or people I don't know.

You seem to have missed one crucial word in my comment ……………. Lady

It as nothing to do with sexism or any other “ism” you may come up with, if you are fine with Laddets that’s you choice, personally I like the way it used to be.

No I didn't miss it at all and my comment still stands, you can still do all of the above and still be a Lady, why not?

After all it is men who have decided really in the past what is acceptable for women and now women are deciding for themselves!

No I didn't miss it at all and my comment still stands, you can still do all of the above and still be a Lady, why not?

You can do that, but then there is a time and a place for things, right ? Just like the guys that I mentioned, oggling at young girls, is not exactly a behaviour I associate to decent gentlemen. If I was the mother of the girls, I would be very concerned. Yet, I would not want to lock them up and strip away their freedom either, but how exactly do you protect them? If they have to swear to protect themselves, then so be it. :hihi: But, you sometimes do drop this kind of self defensive mechanism as you grow older and find an alternative way to handle things. I see swearing from women as something similar. Well, the wrongly-timed swearings any way.

Just like the two guys. They are fathers themselves, so they should know better. They should not behave the way that allowed me to see it that way, but yet, they should see that the action can be viewed as something entirely different. I did lose a bit of respect for them. I imagine that men can view women this way too. Being diplomatic about it, hopefully they would grow out of it !

By the way, have you read the latest release of Jackie Kennedy's interviews ? I applaud her for maintaining her reputation so well for so long. It was enlightening to see how even now, her words are judged harshly about some dignitaries. If their reputation had been leaked, there is no way that they would have made it where they are now. They lived in a fake system. It is enlightening to see how perception and reputation of people do not match up to their true selves. No wonder feminism came out of the woodwork.

Archived