Why are bus drivers so slap happy on the brakes?

Another thing, and this is the passengers at fault, it states clearly on all buses to press the bell in plenty of time to alert the driver but to stay seated until the bus has stopped. The number of people who press the bell then get up and stand near the driver and then they tut or moan if they get thrown by the motion of the bus, or even press the bell a couple of metres away from the stop.

Those signs are ludicrous, if you remained seated until the bus had stopped, he'd have set off again before you'd got halfway to the exit, especially if you have to fight your way past standing passengers. Coming downstairs on the double deckers seems to be getting harder too, I'm sure the stairs on the newer buses are much steeper than the older ones, it's quite precarious coming down when the bus is turning or braking.

Drivers usually give people time to sit down. Once a passenger passes an empty seat preferring another one instead, the driver cannot wait until every passenger has examined every seat before deciding just where they would like to sit. So they set off ! The driver has a time table to run to.

So remember, take the first seat and you will be ok.

Drivers usually give people time to sit down. Once a passenger passes an empty seat preferring another one instead, the driver cannot wait until every passenger has examined every seat before deciding just where they would like to sit. So they set off ! The driver has a time table to run to.

So remember, take the first seat and you will be ok.

Not true- It was the first seats that were available that I fell into- and the bus had set off before we had passed the luggage rack.

Not true- It was the first seats that were available that I fell into- and the bus had set off before we had passed the luggage rack.

he did say usually:) you do get some drivers like that but then at the same time if someone looks steady on their feet i will start moving away gently. the driver in this case shouldn't of set of so fast that he needed to brake so heavy at the lights

Archived