Why are bus drivers so slap happy on the brakes?

The lights are literally 20 yds from the bus stop so he should have been paying a bit more due care and attention all round.

As you can see in this brand new promotional video for LAST, red lights turn green for buses. Sheffield must have not yet upgraded the light changing system...

PS> I am not tarnishing every bus driver with the slap happy braking title, I know there are lots of professional and careful drivers out there. Unfortunately there seems to be more and more dangerous ones too.

yep but there are dangerous ones in every class of vehicle. some people shouldn't have a licence wether they're driving a car, lorry or bus

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with Currie chick . So many infirm people stand up before the bus has stopped , they struggle on a non -moving ground so how do they expect to be safe on a moving surface ?? . Pleeeze stay seated until the bus stops , missing your stop is better than being injured

I also agree with the last post . However , the same people who complain about the driver setting off before they are seated will leave their seat before the bus has stopped then blame the driver if they stumble ??

I agree with Currie chick . So many infirm people stand up before the bus has stopped , they struggle on a non -moving ground so how do they expect to be safe on a moving surface ?? . Pleeeze stay seated until the bus stops , missing your stop is better than being injured

It's simply not practical to stay seated - you will miss your stop, guaranteed, and you'll end up standing all the way to the next stop so you'll be at even more risk of falling.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANGELFIRE1 View Post

Suspect most jobless would love a job that paid £7.50 per hour.

Regards

Angel.

If this is true, why are there always adverts to recruit drivers on most buses?

Go up to Edinburgh, East Lothian buses have adverts on the back recruting for drivers @ between £11 & £12 an hour

Archived