Obama in trouble with Jewish lobby

I didn't call you a racist, (I've never called anyone a racist on here) but I notice you still haven't answered Halibut's question

I did in fact answer Halibut's question on the relevant thread.

Halibut rarely extends the same consideration to others.

...It's not that Obama is anti-Israel; he simply hasn't heaped upon Israel the unconditional encomia to which the Jewish state is accustomed from its most important ally – a stance reflecting the need to improve the US's standing in the Arab world....

Who would have thought the US President would try to advance US Geopolitical interests !

So, criticise the US when they're 'too friendly' with Israel, criticise them when they're not? :suspect:

Very few of you will ever read Mearsheimer and Walts's The Israel Lobby.

Israeli terrorists; having a stranglehold on politicians everywhere :(

that must explain why the book, even though the author's employers, Harvard University, didn't allow them to put the Harvard seal on the cover because of what they considered its faulty scholarship, got translated into 21 languages and was probably the best selling 'academic' type-book published not only that year but for several years either side of when it was published in 2006. Anybody that wants to read it can read it anytime they want in just about any language they want. It made the authors a fortune, with a significant amount of the revenue coming from the Arabic, Turkish, Farsi, and Urdu editions.

you can also easily buy 'Mein Kampf' in these languages. In fact, I believe 'Mein Kampf' can be purchased translated into Arabic right next to the chocolate and candy bars in newsagents on the Tottenham Court Road.

Why be surprised by the actions of President Obama? As a Moslem, he's hardly likely to favour anything that Israel does.

An object lesson in obsequiousness by Obama, you could be forgiven for thinking that he was campaigning for the Israeli presidency rather than The US one.

...We know that we cannot relent, we cannot yield, and as President I will never compromise when it comes to Israel's security...

Very few Muslims would grovel in such a way before the Zionist lobby, The Zionist lobby would never permit a muslim the Presidency.

I have considered your comment JS, ruminated upon it, weighed it in the balance, considered the pros and cons and decided that you are wrong.:cool:

The Zionist lobby would never permit a muslim the Presidency.

Israel was one of the few countries in the world where polls showed, most of the inhabitants wanted McCain to win, not Obama.

all of Murdoch's so called 'all powerful' media empire also backed McCain.

yet somehow, Obama won by a landslide unprecedented for a Democratic candidate in recent history. Really, you'd have to go back to Roosevelt to get a comparable result for a Democrat.

care to explain how, if the Zionist lobby and the Murdoch media empire is so powerful, and that they 'control' political processes, that Obama won the 2008 election by an unprecedented landslide?

that's where McCain addressed AIPAC. He even invokes Harry Truman, a Democratic President, as a keynote of the address.

that's not an accident. Israeli Jews might have wanted McCain to win, but American Jews didn't. They voted Democratic same as they always do, 3 or 4 to 1. McCain invoked Truman, because he was fishing around for votes. He knew he was addressing an overwhelmingly Democratic audience.

Archived