Barrel Pub,Chapeltown

JayVee

Apparently the waiting time for food on the first night was over 1 hour as they were short staffed. I know they could have been let down on the night with staff not showing up but it's not a great start and I know of people that walked out.

I went for a drink last night there, and thought it looked lovely compared to the wreck it was before!

Its a bit worrying that the manager is calling his staff names, and laying the blame on them, as I know people who work there, who had to undergo several days training by said manager!

He said it my friend as it shocked my other half that he would say such a thing, .....I expect teething problems but to wait 1hour 10 mins was way to long. It was not 2 for a tenner as I did not order from the selection, even if this was the case nobody should have to wait for that long for a meal.

I supose it depends on expectations really.My moaning was embarassing?.......this is the problem with a lot of people, they will just shut up and put up, I think my complaint was pretty simple and I was polite............and if you heard the conversation with the manager you would have heard him tell me the boss of the pub company was going to call me monday.........he hasn't

He said it my friend as it shocked my other half that he would say such a thing, .....I expect teething problems but to wait 1hour 10 mins was way to long. It was not 2 for a tenner as I did not order from the selection, even if this was the case nobody should have to wait for that long for a meal.

I supose it depends on expectations really.My moaning was embarassing?.......this is the problem with a lot of people, they will just shut up and put up, I think my complaint was pretty simple and I was polite............and if you heard the conversation with the manager you would have heard him tell me the boss of the pub company was going to call me monday.........he hasn't

That seems to be the response that is fitting to this forum. First impressions can be so damaging. The first ever episode of Only Fools and Horses was a ratings flop, yet 30 years later, it is the greatest comedy show in UK history. Using that snippet as a yardstick, how can we honestly condemn after 1 visit?

That seems to be the response that is fitting to this forum. First impressions can be so damaging. The first ever episode of Only Fools and Horses was a ratings flop, yet 30 years later, it is the greatest comedy show in UK history. Using that snippet as a yardstick, how can we honestly condemn after 1 visit?

and as such the pub company should make every attempt to ensure the service is good. Ratings for a new show are in the norm poor as no one knows about it...not a good way to compare.

it's how a company deals with a complaint that is my yardstick..........still not received a call!

Archived