Tax evaders cost country more than benefits

Maybe if we had a smaller tax book like other nations there would be less avoidance AND evasion. We would also need less taxmen, wouldn't we? ;)

The government has announced that it is taking steps to track evaders/avoiders and plug loopholes used by those earning over £300k per anum, why are plonkers having to be so negatiove about such good news.

Deals are being reached with an increasing number of offshore tax havens regarding those who are in a privileged position that allows them to deprive HMRC of equity.

I've always wondered about the efforts to tax the super rich and what they achieve.

Imagine a guy in his 20s. Let's call him Jenson Buitoni who drives in Formula One and earns around £20million/year. He races cars in 20 different countries, lives in Monaco and derives his income from a basic contract, multiple sponsorship deals, endorsements and prize money. He lives in Monaco because of the UK tax system. As a consequence the UK collects no income tax and most of his colossal spending raises VAT and provides income in countries other than ours.

If he were to live in the UK a very large amount of money would be spent here and attract VAT, excise duty and other UK taxes. It would also boost the takings of many UK businesses that would also pay more tax and employ more local people.

Now there's this other guy called Lewis Hammerton and another called David Buckham!!

I've always wondered about the efforts to tax the super rich and what they achieve.

Imagine a guy in his 20s. Let's call him Jenson Buitoni who drives in Formula One and earns around £20million/year. He races cars in 20 different countries, lives in Monaco and derives his income from a basic contract, multiple sponsorship deals, endorsements and prize money. He lives in Monaco because of the UK tax system. As a consequence the UK collects no income tax and most of his colossal spending raises VAT and provides income in countries other than ours.

If he were to live in the UK a very large amount of money would be spent here and attract VAT, excise duty and other UK taxes. It would also boost the takings of many UK businesses that would also pay more tax and employ more local people.

Now there's this other guy called Lewis Hammerton and another called David Buckham!!

:rolleyes:

This thread is about the government announcement that it is going to to start action to prevent tax avasion/avoidence by people who live and work in this country on incomes over £300k. You should be happy not carping.

Pleas keep to the topic.

This thread is about the government announcement that it is going to to start action to prevent tax avasion/avoidence by people who live and work in this country on incomes over £300k. You should be happy not carping.

Pleas keep to the topic.

As this is a public forum I think I will post what I see fit and not what you want me to.

I see nothing in the thread title that suggests it is a clamp down on people who live and earn in this country, but as the reason these people chose to live abroad is down to our taxation system it is perfectly relevant anyhow.

As this is a public forum I think I will post what I see fit and not what you want me to.

I see nothing in the thread title that suggests it is a clamp down on people who live and earn in this country, but as the reason these people chose to live abroad is down to our taxation system it is perfectly relevant anyhow.

Then start your own topic. This thread is about the government announcement that it is going to to start action to prevent tax avasion/avoidence by people who live and work in this country on incomes over £300k. You should be happy not carping.

Pleas keep to the topic.

Since this is clearly Bassman62's thread, and nobody is allowed to have any dissenting opinions, yet most opinions so far have been dissenting, may I suggest that we just allow him to talk to himself.

:roll:

Why do so many anoraks try to derail topics? this topic should bring rejoicing not carping about none related things.

We had an anorak come up to us the other night in a club over a song we'd introduced (Here's another song by 'The Eagles'),"Its 'Eagles' not "The Eagles" said anorak man. "Yes of course" said our drummer followed by "Oh and by the way do you know that your hoods down?" To which I joined in saying "He doesn't but you hum it and I'll play it".

Anorak people:rolleyes:.

:rolleyes:Why do so many anoraks try to derail topics? this topic should bring rejoicing not carping about none related things.

We had an anorak come up to us the other night in a club over a song we'd introduced (Here's another song by 'The Eagles'),"Its 'Eagles' not "The Eagles" said anorak man. "Yes of course" said our drummer followed by "Oh and by the way do you know that your hoods down?" To which I joined in saying "He doesn't but you hum it and I'll play it".

Anorak people:rolleyes:.

It isn't the world that is out of step. It is you that is out of step with the world.

Archived