Car Respray problem ??

Ok so have sprayed car in black my problem is the roof.Everything go.s well untill i come to spray roof.It seems to have got lines all way down roof.Like a mist dry spots but i sprayed it all with out stopping and letting any part dry.3 Times now have tried alsorts pressure-distance-paint mixture cant work it out as every other panel is ok.It feals rough as well but only were lines are now getting anoying.

Ok so have sprayed car in black my problem is the roof.Everything go.s well untill i come to spray roof.It seems to have got lines all way down roof.Like a mist dry spots but i sprayed it all with out stopping and letting any part dry.3 Times now have tried alsorts pressure-distance-paint mixture cant work it out as every other panel is ok.It feals rough as well but only were lines are now getting anoying.

What kind of paint are you using? :huh:

The gun angle is wrong the paint fan is tilted so some of the paint is drying before it hits the metal.I bet you are spraying stood on the floor you need battens to lift yourself higher

Paint is ICL Permabell Automotive.

Errr well stood on a box so i can reach.

Take note what choogling is saying you have the gun at the wrong angle.Be supprised how many used to do that when we was learning them get a higher box lol.Sounds like your over spraying causing a mist slight rough mat finnish.Get the gun titled as if you was spraying a upright side panel.Keep a eye out for drips from gun depending what type your using have a rag ready to wipe it.Im 99% sure thats your problem if everything else you have sprayed is ok.It can also be your slightly missing the next spray run and not following it on correctly due to awkward height but would think the first suggestion is correct.

How are you going on with the paint problem

1/ they are right you have to be high enough to point the gun onto the pannel,

2/ dont khow how much expeirience you have ,and dont want to state the obviouse but check the preasure,check that the paint has enough thinner ,check the temp as if its a bit cold it will mist/condence ,and dont forget when spraying you spray wet on wet. you say it felt rough ? this useualy because it is not thin enough causing an orange peel effect,

after all of that it should ok.

1/ they are right you have to be high enough to point the gun onto the pannel,

2/ dont khow how much expeirience you have ,and dont want to state the obviouse but check the preasure,check that the paint has enough thinner ,check the temp as if its a bit cold it will mist/condence ,and dont forget when spraying you spray wet on wet. you say it felt rough ? this useualy because it is not thin enough causing an orange peel effect,

after all of that it should ok.

It's possible that the gun was held too far away so the paint goes on'dry' and feels rough to the touch..

The suggestion that the gun was not square to the roof is also a good one, as said, the closest edge to the roof will go on thicker than the farthest edge and so will dry smoother..

Also, does the op give enough overlap with each pass of the gun??

Hope you get it right soon mate ;)

Cheers, Biggsy..

Archived