House location/history querie

stevecrofts

I can't help your lack of intelligence and sense of local history, if you are accusing me of being a liar, kindly say so and prove it.

Now I suggest that you seek the safety of your monitor, keyboard warrior. :suspect:

No, I am not accusing you of being a liar crookesey,

but do not understand why you quoted my post referring to the gate house to Norfolk Lodge ?

m&p

Queen Victoria used to stay in a house owned by the Duke of Norfolk when she visited Sheffield. The royal train would pull up in the sidings opposite McDonalds, where there was an impressive arch and a drive leading up to the house, our city fathers have managed to sort that out, in their usual manner. :loopy:
Did she have a big Mac with fries then for her dinner,sorry crookesey couldn't resist that.:D

No, I am not accusing you of being a liar crookesey,

but do not understand why you quoted my post referring to the gate house to Norfolk Lodge ?

m&p

Because Norfolk Lodge was very close to Norfolk Hall, where royalty stayed when in Sheffield. Might I suggest that you do a little less jumping down folks throats and hurling inane insults, and a lot more listening, you never know, you might just learn something about the city you live in.

The smilie was aimed at our city fathers, as stated in the post, you haven't covered yourself in glory have you?

Hi Silly

When you say you lived on the Norfolk Park what year would that be.

Just trying to establish some dates.

I didn't live there until 1966 and that was when the tower blocks were being built so perhaps not much help to you there. I can just remember seeing the cottages and thinking how things had changed over the years we were living in a new block of flats on the 13th floor and I thought it was heaven to have a place of our own. Things sadly went down hill but I still remember how good it was to be able to walk into town.

Archived