Washing your car.

No it doesn't. Cars depreciate according to age and mileage, not cleanliness.

Unless they are being bought by a fool.

Cars also depreciate according to condition, so will be worth more if their bodywork is kept in good condition, and if moisture-retaining dirt is removed form crevices that can lead to corrosion.

Cars that have not been regularly washed and cared for will degrade more rapidly and command lower resale vaues, unless sold to a fool.

I wash and wax my car, because I enjoy it too and appreciate getting into a clean Vehicle, nothing to do with what neighbors think, they might be busy on a forum, but that's their business and I'm sure they won't be worried what I think.

And that's great, if you actually enjoy it. That's a different matter, from doing it because you are worried what people might say if you don't.

So, from your post, I'm not sure I follow why I'm a 'saddo' for posting on a forum frequently.

No it doesn't. Cars depreciate according to age and mileage, not cleanliness.

Unless they are being bought by a fool.

Cars also depreciate according to condition...if you don't wash them regularly then you may miss bodywork defects such as rust spots, stone chips etc..if dealt with early then they don't become a big issue..if you had two identical cars,same mileage and service history but one was chipped to death then which would you buy.? A mucky car may also lead some people to believe the owner didn't care about it and had also skipped services and repairs.

Archived