NCP car park - daylight robbery

Rageness

parked in NCP car park in sheffield for 2 hours 24 minutes, after 8 pm.... came to pay £9.90 how the hell do they get away with that! I appreciate it does tell you the prices when you pay but I did not look before hand did I. I had assumed being after 8 pm and only being there for a few hours it would be about £4. :confused:

What annoys me there is no where to park at the theatre and I live no where near local transport to get there so how do they get away with this? Turns a cheap evening out into a very expensive 1.

Well, you've learned a valuable lesson - check prices as you enter. There are now a huge number of multi-storey car parks in the City Centre with the Cheese Grater Q Park only round the corner from the theatres NCP for example - shop around and go with the best rates!

Otherwise if you are on your own there is always the Supertram Park & Ride sites (Nunnery Square, Middlewood and Halfway), they cost £4.50 for a days parking with an all day tram pass included (I think the price may be reduced in the evening).

I'd of thought that in today's electronic age that there would be a web site up and running, easy to find and navigate that would post all the car parks and their charges. Maybe the Crucible or other venues should put such info on their web sites, maybe just stating which are the three car parks closest to the venue and again with the prices. Something like that would I think bring prices down somewhat.

Hi,

The Crucible and Lyceum both have a partnership with the Q Park on Charles Street.

If you are watching a show just ask the staff at either theatre for a ticket that provides the first hours parking free. A handy discount! They also have these on box office when you book.

Alternatively look on the council website, it lists all the parking in Sheffield along with charging times and costs.

Rich

I got robbed there on Thursday. Parked there to go to the cinema with my son. Just went over the two hour mark so it jumped from £5.50 to £9.90. That's the 'robbing' part. It cost more than the cinema tickets. I usually park down by the canal and walk in but was in a hurry.

Archived