NCP car park - daylight robbery

Rageness

To Andy C - It is fine to say "check prices before entering" but in the case of NCP Arundel gate, there are no prices displayed. NCP are just ripping people off, but long term they are the losers, as having parked there for many years, I shall never park there again, I am sure many other people will feel the same "Once bitten, twice shy" comes to mind!

To Andy C - It is fine to say "check prices before entering" but in the case of NCP Arundel gate, there are no prices displayed. NCP are just ripping people off, but long term they are the losers, as having parked there for many years, I shall never park there again, I am sure many other people will feel the same "Once bitten, twice shy" comes to mind!

Its a bit of a culture change I know, decide where you will park before you drive into the city, all the prices can be found on the internet.

Or maybe its time to rediscover the park and ride facilities we have in Sheffield - £4.50 for all day parking at the tram stop at Nunnery Square, Middlewood or Halfway then ride the tram into the City Centre, price of parking includes an all day tram pass for the driver.

NCP's are a joke!!!!!!

Parking in Sheffield generally is a joke. Other major cities are much cheaper!! Get it sorted Sheffield

Have you been to any city outside Sheffield? It's actually pretty cheap compared to other major cities.

reply to Paul2412 - I have been to other cities outside Sheffield and prices were cheaper than Sheffield, e.g. Liverpool 1 in the city centre 4hrs = £9 compared to Sheffield £9.90 in the evening at that. Coventry Railway Station £4 all day after 10am, Newcastle £1.20 per/hr max £4, Bristol £1 per/hr. So Sheffield is not “pretty cheap when compared to other cities” (excl London), so what are your comments based on an assumption or facts - if facts perhaps you would like to share them here.

I agree with angelawa that prices should be reduced for city (and town) parking. Mary Portas has been lobbying the Government about this recently. I have completed my Christmas shopping, and in some cases it has been cheaper for me to order online and pay delivery charges which are less than it would cost me to park, this can't be good for our local shops.

My original posting expressed the view that NCP are ripping peple off at their Arundel gate car park and unsuspecting vistors to the Theatres are being overcharged. I am still of this opinion.

I did complain to NCP about theirchrges there and their response was that "As the Crucible Theatre is a Charity, they tender for parking and as NCP lost the tender, (and Q-Parks won) they have withdrawn their evening rate" What a load of rubbish, I though the Crucible was a business not a Charity, true the Crucible offers a discount if you park at Q-Park Charles St, but the rate there for the evening is only £5 after 6pm, even without a discount. Even if this were true, This also implies 'sour grapes' by NCP, i.e. we lost the contract so we are going to put up our prices. They can put them all they want - i won't ever be foolish enough to park there again

I did complain to NCP about theirchrges there and their response was that "As the Crucible Theatre is a Charity, they tender for parking and as NCP lost the tender, (and Q-Parks won) they have withdrawn their evening rate" What a load of rubbish, I though the Crucible was a business not a Charity,

On the bottom of the Sheffield Theatres web site it says

"Sheffield Theatres Trust - a registered charity no.257318"

This car park needs boycotting until they revise the extortionate charges.

The "Theatre, Events & Shopping Parking" banner they have over the entrance really makes my blood boil, keep out and let these companies go to the wall.

instead of boycotting it why not try using the busses?

When I was little my dad told me that Theatres is where rich people go to watch live performances & us poor people have to make do with the telly...I think that's what the owner of the NCP was told too by the sounds of it! :rolleyes:

maybe they need to realise its not only the ritch that can afford to go so they should charge accordingly

Archived