NCP car park - daylight robbery

Rageness

instead of boycotting it why not try using the busses?

Because the bus service from where I live is a joke and very expensive and unreliable, pretty much like all public transport, that why we are virtually forced to use cars and fill the government and NCP pockets even further.

Just found out there are cheap evening rates at the Supertram park & rides after 6pm on weekdays.... they don't seem to be very well advertised outside of the car park itself:

Leisure rate, parking for car + tram travel for driver after 6pm Mon-Fri £2.50

Family rate, parking for car + tram travel for up to 2 adults and 2 children after 6pm Mon-Fri £4.50.

The family rate is also available all day Saturday and Sunday but at the more expensive price of £6.50.

Supertram park & rides are at Nunnery Square (Sheffield Parkway), Middlewood and Halfway.

Normal daytime rate is £4.50 for car + driver.

• 8 months later...

I am writing to express my utter disgust at having an evening in Sheffield ruined by the money grabbing philosophy of NCP Parking.

Myself and my wife attended a performance of Chicago at the Lyceum Theatre. We decided to make an evening of it and have a meal before the perfomance. As it was raining hard we decided to park as near to the theatre as possible, this meant the NCP car park at Arundle Gate. On leaving later, at the paystation, I was appalled to learn that the charge for parking for 4½ hrs was £15. We are both pensioners and this charge is totally exhorbitant. Needless to say our evening was ruined - and it will be a long time before I come to Sheffield again.

If and when I do, I will certainly never use an NCP car park!.

DISGUSTED:rant:

I am writing to express my utter disgust at having an evening in Sheffield ruined by the money grabbing philosophy of NCP Parking.

Myself and my wife attended a performance of Chicago at the Lyceum Theatre. We decided to make an evening of it and have a meal before the perfomance. As it was raining hard we decided to park as near to the theatre as possible, this meant the NCP car park at Arundle Gate. On leaving later, at the paystation, I was appalled to learn that the charge for parking for 4½ hrs was £15. We are both pensioners and this charge is totally exhorbitant. Needless to say our evening was ruined - and it will be a long time before I come to Sheffield again.

If and when I do, I will certainly never use an NCP car park!.

DISGUSTED:rant:

I quite agree the charges ARE extortionate and spoiled my evening when I parked there for the last and final time - I have never used any NCP car park since. If prices are shown on the way in, then that is new, they were not there when I parked there last year. As well as it being extortionate you have to queue up to pay when the Theatre lets out and there can be long queues at the ticket machine,which can result in you moving into the next charge band while you have been queuing, there used to be a pre-pay facility which NCP removed. I wonder why? I complained to NCP and got a pathetic reply,(see my earlier posts) so I have voted with my wallet and have never used them since.

I always warn people not to use NCP when visiting Sheffield Theatres, No doubt some bright spark will jump in now and try and defend NCP's charging,(e.g. prices are displayed on the way in), as you will always get someone on this forum who takes this critisism as a reflection on Sheffield, and tries to defend these charges, when it is nothing to do with the great city of Sheffield, but directly aimed at the racketeering business practices of NCP.

I know it is extortionate, but the prices are advertised on the way in.... It's a slight walk but they have parking under the Jury's Inn for £2.50 all day... Think it closes at 10pm though....

The trouble with advertising the prices on the way in as opposed to outside the car park is, once you clock the prices, if anything else is behind you how are you supposed to retreat, because once you enter the entrance there is no point at which to turn around and exit.

The trouble with advertising the prices on the way in as opposed to outside the car park is, once you clock the prices, if anything else is behind you how are you supposed to retreat, because once you enter the entrance there is no point at which to turn around and exit.

You can drive straight in get the card and use the card on way out, if you are only in a few minutes it will let you out.

Archived