Shopping on Amazon experiences 2011

Hopman

I am a consumate Amazon shopper for books, CDs, DVDs, clothes, footwear, electricals, kitchen equipment, games etc etc. I also often use the Market Place sellers and have never once had a problem with any of them, ever. Excellent service and for most products you don't even have to pay P&P.

Have you ever used Amazon?

Yes and used both Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk quite regularly

How was it for you?

Great, prefer the service and speed of the US site over the UK, as .co.uk seems to prefer the use of 3rd party sellers more and can delay orders getting out in a timely manner. Also not as much selection if you are a priority shipping member..

Would you use them again?

Yes

What have you bought through Amazon?

Everything.

Small kitchen appliances, electronics, mobile phones, food, CDs, LPs, books and more

How much do you spend with them?

Usually under £100 each purchase, roughly once every couple of months.

Never had a problem with them. We needed a certain size floor mat for our car. The auto parts stores didn't have it and the dealer wanted a small fortune. Just for the heck of it, I looked on Amazon and not only did they have it, the price was a quarter of what the dealer wanted. I will say, I ordered black and the color of the mat is sort of a very dark blue, but for that price I can live with it. We also got a $10 gas card for buying two air filters so I threw those in as well. And free shipping, too. :)

I've bought everything from bin bags (awkward bin shape!) to a TV stand and gardening tools from Amazon and apart from one parcel which went missing and which Amazon could see from their own system was their fault, I've never had an issue with them.

Even with that parcel, they sorted it all out well. They sent the same items again and sent them with overnight delivery since I'd been waiting approaching 2 weeks for the original parcel, and then they emailed to check that the replacement had been received correctly.

Have you ever used Amazon?

Yes, regularly since '99 or so.

How was it for you?

Very good indeed. Competitive P&P and delivery times are very important, and with Amazon they're superb. Delivery times for the free super saver service are excellent; the dispatch/delivery estimates are frequently an overestimate. For example, I ordered three books on Friday (16th). The dispatch date estimate was September 19th (actual dispatch date: September 18th), and the delivery date estimate was September 22nd (actual delivery date: September 19th; they'd been left with a neighbour yesterday afternoon).

Would you use them again?

Of course.

What have you bought through Amazon?

Books, textbooks, CDs, DVDs, games, software, small electronic items.

How much do you spend with them?

Depends. I'll sometimes order just a book or two, then have a big splurge on items from my wish lists.

I once had a problem using Amazon Marketplace, cos some idiot seller on there turned round and said he'd "changed his mind" about selling me what I'd bought from him.. Eh?! Is that even legal?!

Archived