Shopping on Amazon experiences 2011

Hopman

I once had a problem using Amazon Marketplace, cos some idiot seller on there turned round and said he'd "changed his mind" about selling me what I'd bought from him.. Eh?! Is that even legal?!

Yes, it's the seller's prerogative to refuse to sell, as long as they refund your payment promptly. It doesn't make them an idiot either.

I only used it once i bought a £2.50 laptop

Fan , didnt read small print and a month

Later they took £49 out of my account, i wasnt impressed

But i rang and amazon refunded my money,

So all i can say is read the small print.

genuine mistake, they can only take out what you give them authorisation to take, a lot dont fill in the all the details when starting buying/selling, so these mistakes happen.

Have you ever used Amazon?

How was it for you?

Would you use them again?

What have you bought through Amazon?

How much do you spend with them?

Any comments welcome please.

I absolutely love Amazon, I use them all the time for books, games, dvds. It's a very easy site to use, they make paying easy and I really like the way they track your order through to the end. I use Amazon a lot over Christmas and spend way more than I should!

Doesn't SF have an Affilliate link to Amazon? One where Geoff makes money from Amazon purchases?

I personally use an Afflilliate link to Amazon set up by my former work, HBS Radio, they're a Hospital Radio charity based at the Royal Hallamshire Hospital (at the moment).

Christmas at our house has been arriving courtesy of Amazon every year for about a decade, birthdays too :) I've never had a problem with an order and have bought everything from books and DVDs through to perfume, DIY products and cooking utensils, both on Amazon itself and the marketplace. The wish list feature is handy, especially now that you can add items from other sites, for instance if your heart's desire is available from John Lewis or Marks&Sparks, you can still add it to your wish list on Amazon.

Regards,

Stockholder in Amazon.

Archived