Can anyone remember the "seafood" man

sheffieldvic

I can remember 2 guys who used to call in the clubs around the woodseats area, one of them looked a bit like a 118 guy he used to come in the smithywood club in the 70's and 80's, the other guy was a bit of a cross dresser saw him once or twice in the chapletown wmc also,I wonder if they made much money out of it,there sea food always was very fresh and good value.

I remember going to the Bellhouse road WMC with my parents in the early 90s, was like 6 years old then... I remember the guy who used to come in there selling crab sticks and things that were shaped like big prawns but tasted just like crab sticks. :P Used to douse them in vinegar, polish them off and occasionally the band would let me have a go on the drums before we left.

I remember a fella who used to go round the pubs in Crookes selling it, must be about 15-20 years ago. He wasn't exactly a great salesman, just did a circuit around the pub muttering "seafood".

I never bought any, I never exactly thought to myself "I'm really enjoying this pint of bitter, but I think what would really complement it right now would be a crabstick".

There were several, each with their own rounds. The one I remember did the town centre pubs. He had dark brylcreemed hair, an Errol Flynn 'tache and wore glasses. His patter could be disgusting when he was in the mood.

yah- like-- Cockles, whelks, pregnant tadpoles!!:rant::rant::rant:

I always thought he looked like charlie chase.

I remember a fella who used to go round the pubs in Crookes selling it, must be about 15-20 years ago. He wasn't exactly a great salesman, just did a circuit around the pub muttering "seafood".

I never bought any, I never exactly thought to myself "I'm really enjoying this pint of bitter, but I think what would really complement it right now would be a crabstick".

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Archived