Urgent question

So iv screwed up at uni, and will be graduating soon. Only to be getting an ordinary degree! I know LAME. So can anyone tell me if when i walk up that stage to shake hands are they gonna call my name out and say with ordinary degree/without hons? if so thats gonna be pretty embarassing coz my parents think I scored a decent gradeeee.

An ordinary degree is better than no degree, my bro got his accountancy degree with honours in 2008 and at the graduation which i attended they did announce the degrees that were being presented were with honours and then read out the names and the students were walking along the stage where they shook some geezers hand and recieved their degrees and carried on walking.

This was in Nottingham so don't know how it is in Sheffield, let your parents know the score and be proud of your achievement. Well done.

If it is any consolation, you should see this as a time to reflect. Okay, fine. Not what you wanted. I'm sure you know where you went wrong. You may get some heat from your parents, but one day, they will forgive you. Cos it has happened. What can you do now at this point? Don't dwell, but make use of what a degree certificate can do. It still does make a small difference between a degree holder to a none degree holder, for the sake of consideration for promotions in the future. That is in the future though. If you think that you have the aptitude, and know your self well, when it comes to the job, it is your actions that will speak louder during that process, and not the grade of your certificate. The certificate is just a filtering process.

Now go and grab that cert! At least give your parents that tiny proud moment. Whether it is good or bad. As long as you know what to do, and now promise your parents that you will focus on bettering yourself and your life. I think they will be proud.

true. You sure told me. Im just gonna grin and bare it

OK, think to the future when you never say 'er' any more, you've got a good career under your belt and your sat in the pub with your Dad a bit sozzled, and you recount the real reasons why you didn't do as well as you could have, but how you did deserve the nickname you were bestowed with.

Archived