Should I be jailed for breaking the law?

Should I be jailed for smoking a spliff?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Should I be jailed for smoking a spliff?

• You should be executed!
    • Yes, you should be jailed for 5 years.
    • Yes, you should be jailed for 1 year.
    • Yes, you should be jailed for 1 month.
    • Yes, you should be jailed for 1 week.
    • Yes, you should be jailed for 1 day.
    • No, cannabis should be legal.
    • Don't know.

I guess bringing on psychosis isn't harm then?

If we accept this as true, it still doesn't lead us to the conclusion that cannabis is better being illegal. It shows us that there needs to be a system in place to help people with psychosis.

The last study that got discussed on here was to show that there is a slight risk of pyschosis developing in the brains of teenagers who regularly smoke cannabis (if I remember it correctly), but all that tells us is that teenagers shouldn't regularly take the drug. Yet again we come back to criminality, because this trade in the hands of criminals doesn't care if their money is made from adults or 13 year old boys.

Show me one study that 100% confirms that there is a link between cannabis and psychosis in perfectly normal, healthy adults, with no mental health issues.

I suppose the problem is that people with underlying issues may not know about them until it's too late?Personally I'm not particularly bothered about what people do to themselves as long as they harm no one else..

All the arguments you need for legalisation of ALL drugs from a stone cold pragmatist -

Why don't people understand the concept of "lesser of two evils"? Nobody is saying legalising drugs is not problematic, but it's LESS problematic than criminalising drugs. If anyone has a 3rd option then please enlighten us...

Archived