Should I be jailed for breaking the law?

Should I be jailed for smoking a spliff?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Should I be jailed for smoking a spliff?

• You should be executed!
    • Yes, you should be jailed for 5 years.
    • Yes, you should be jailed for 1 year.
    • Yes, you should be jailed for 1 month.
    • Yes, you should be jailed for 1 week.
    • Yes, you should be jailed for 1 day.
    • No, cannabis should be legal.
    • Don't know.

Ok I've read it.......

Schizophrenia, depression, possible relation to mental illness, paranoia, preferable to alcohol...hmmm!...I'm thinking I won't dabble myself unless someone cares to point out some positives of using it.

That's ok, druggies choose to ignore/disbelieve this sort of thing.

Tobacco and alcohol are legal but there are plenty of gangs making money out of selling dodgy booze and fags. If you think legalising drugs will also get rid of dealers you're being incredibly naive.

Yes they still exist, but in such a small capacity it's actually a manageable problem... IF the government stopped wasting its time and resources on prohibition.

Now, if fags and alcohol were made illegal, it would only serve to further empower these gangs pushing their poisons, as they'd no longer be competing with the regulated marketplace. Prices would shoot up, meaning more profits for the cartel, who has now grown enough to buy their way through the system (lawyers, bribes, arms, fleets etc.).

Tobacco and alcohol are legal but there are plenty of gangs making money out of selling dodgy booze and fags. If you think legalising drugs will also get rid of dealers you're being incredibly naive.

OK, poor choice of words on my part. Perhaps I should have said 'numbers dramatically reduced'. Now, if you would be so kind, can you explain to me why dramatically reducing the number of drug cartels and criminal gangs through legalisation is a bad thing.

jb

It's a reasonable comment but do you think that organised crime will just disappear? Or will it move onto something else?

I'm sure it will move on, but that's not a counter argument to the point that removing drugs from the hands of criminal gangs is a positive thing to do.

It's a reasonable comment but do you think that organised crime will just disappear? Or will it move onto something else?

Organised crime would move on to something else obviously. But something that doesn't cause so much misery and collateral damage.

Unorganised crime committed by addicts to pay their "fees" to organised crime would just disappear.

Archived