Should I be jailed for breaking the law?

Should I be jailed for smoking a spliff?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Should I be jailed for smoking a spliff?

• You should be executed!
    • Yes, you should be jailed for 5 years.
    • Yes, you should be jailed for 1 year.
    • Yes, you should be jailed for 1 month.
    • Yes, you should be jailed for 1 week.
    • Yes, you should be jailed for 1 day.
    • No, cannabis should be legal.
    • Don't know.

I'm sure it will move on, but that's not a counter argument to the point that removing drugs from the hands of criminal gangs is a positive thing to do.

But you can't use "getting rid of organised crime" as a reason for legalisation..it won't disappear..apart from that why is legalisation good? As I said earlier I'm not bothered what people do to themselves,I have no feelings either way to legalisation,we're just having a discussion. :)

But you can't use "getting rid of organised crime" as a reason for legalisation..it won't disappear..apart from that why is legalisation good? As I said earlier I'm not bothered what people do to themselves,I have no feelings either way to legalisation,we're just having a discussion. :)

You can use removing an easy source of funding for and type of organised crime though. Reducing organised crime might be a better way to phrase it.

It's a reasonable comment but do you think that organised crime will just disappear?

Legalisation of cannabis doesn't have to make organised crime disappear. You just take the trade out of their hands by not allowing them to profit from it anymore. What they choose to do after that would be supposition and irrelevant to what we're talking about.

What? with all those machine gun bullets flying around?

Those bullets were flying around because gangs were attempting to monopolise flow of prohibited alcohol.

Legalisation of cannabis doesn't have to make organised crime disappear. You just take the trade out of their hands by not allowing them to profit from it anymore. What they choose to do after that would be supposition and irrelevant to what we're talking about.

Those bullets were flying around because gangs were attempting to monopolise flow of prohibited alcohol.

It's relevant 'cos "getting rid of organised crime" was given as a reason for legalisation..if it doesn't do that then it's not a good reason for it to happen...

Archived