Should I be jailed for breaking the law?

Should I be jailed for smoking a spliff?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Should I be jailed for smoking a spliff?

• You should be executed!
    • Yes, you should be jailed for 5 years.
    • Yes, you should be jailed for 1 year.
    • Yes, you should be jailed for 1 month.
    • Yes, you should be jailed for 1 week.
    • Yes, you should be jailed for 1 day.
    • No, cannabis should be legal.
    • Don't know.

This is not strictly true as they have begun to realise in The Netherlands. Legalising the drug there has promoted a whole new industry in prostitution and now trafficking.

It isn't really legalised there though. And prostitution however is and has been an established industry for a lot longer than cannabis coffee shops...

You should have an option for communinty service

I would give you a street cleaning kit of:

wheeled bin, yard brush and shovel.

for the next six months you duties will be clearing up all

the leaf and branch litter in and around Crookes you would

work from sunrise to sunset. A sign around your neck would

state "I'm a good for nothing lay-about". Parents would point

you out and tell their kids if they don't work hard at

school, contribute to society thats what you will become.

At the begining of each day you would have a choice

1) the street cleaning kit

2) a cyanide pill which you would take immediately, any assets that you

may have (probably nothing) would be sold and the money raised

given to deserving families.

If you complete the 6 months you know that in some small way

you have made a minute contribution to society or

if took the pill then someone much better than you has

benefitted from your meagre assets.

It isn't really legalised there though. And prostitution however is and has been an established industry for a lot longer than cannabis coffee shops...

Yes but what begun as a localised 'industry' quickly became a much larger and more profitable business which is now run by factions from outside.

Legalising the drug there has promoted a whole new industry in prostitution and now trafficking.

You fall down in that the drug isn't legal in Holland, and that prostitution is regulated in Amsterdam so human trafficking isn't even present in their Red Light District. Criminals don't put their prisoners on the high street with the police walking past all night long.

You've failed on every point there.

What? with all those machine gun bullets flying around? No collateral damage there eh? :)

Again you are misrepresenting my original statement, which was a comparative one.

Besides, not only are there still plenty of gun related murders related to drugs today, but I am betting your imagination of "machine gun bullets flying around" has simply taken you back in time to another attempt at prohibiting drugs that also failed.

Without the state profit potential provided by prohibition, the favoured "trade" for organised crime would be the usual sort of corruptions and protection rackets. These are not without their victims of course, but the organised crime which actually turns the victims into criminals, which is what drugs crime does, is one special type of evil.

The collateral damage from organised drugs crime is massive. The collateral damage from the war on drugs is morally obscene because it could be stopped overnight.

You fall down in that the drug isn't legal in Holland, and that prostitution is regulated in Amsterdam so human trafficking isn't even present in their Red Light District. Criminals don't put their prisoners on the high street with the police walking past all night long.

You've failed on every point there.

Not really it's linked, one leads to another. Ok so i'll adjust the termination. Drugs are an accepted part of life there as is prostitution (not just in Amsterdam) BUT the government have openly admitted that they have lost control of this industry, businesses are being closed down because of the connection between prostitution and child trafficking.

Again you are misrepresenting my original statement, which was a comparative one.

Besides, not only are there still plenty of gun related murders related to drugs today, but I am betting your imagination of "machine gun bullets flying around" has simply taken you back in time to another attempt at prohibiting drugs that also failed.

Sorry, my post was meant to be amusing as you had asked me to watch the old gangster (not gangsta) movies... :)

Are you for legalising every illicit drug?

Archived