Should I be jailed for breaking the law?

Should I be jailed for smoking a spliff?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Should I be jailed for smoking a spliff?

• You should be executed!
    • Yes, you should be jailed for 5 years.
    • Yes, you should be jailed for 1 year.
    • Yes, you should be jailed for 1 month.
    • Yes, you should be jailed for 1 week.
    • Yes, you should be jailed for 1 day.
    • No, cannabis should be legal.
    • Don't know.

Not really it's linked, one leads to another.

The prohibition movement in America tried to link alcohol to prostitution. Your tactics are 150 years old and still wrong.

People drink because they want to drink.

People smoke weed because they want to smoke weed.

People pay for sex because they want to pay for sex.

Three seperate issues and none of them are entwined enough to say A leads to B, thus C is bad.

As for this:

businesses are being closed down because of the connection between prostitution and child trafficking.

What you're on about here I have no idea.

Pah..just a get out :) But I'll ask the "legalisers" the same question...

Well, some believe that cannabis should be legalised and regulated (usually on the grounds that it is demonstrably proven to be vastly less harmful than either of the 2 currently legal ones- tobacco and alcohol).

Others, (me included), would want all drugs legalised and regulated, for many reasons, including the safety of users, taking it out of the hands of criminals, the fact that those drugs are nowhere near as harmful as is generally supposed (with most deaths and injuries being a direct consequence of the legislation and consequent lack of regulation and contamination ('cutting' and absence of strength ratings) in most street drugs).

Not really it's linked, one leads to another. Ok so i'll adjust the termination. Drugs are an accepted part of life there as is prostitution (not just in Amsterdam) BUT the government have openly admitted that they have lost control of this industry, businesses are being closed down because of the connection between prostitution and child trafficking.

What have prostitution and child trafficking got to do with cannabis???

The prohibition movement in America tried to link alcohol to prostitution. Your tactics are 150 years old and still wrong.

People drink because they want to drink.

People smoke weed because they want to smoke weed.

People pay for sex because they want to pay for sex.

Three seperate issues and none of them are entwined enough to say A leads to B, thus C is bad.

As for this:

What you're on about here I have no idea.

Where do you think that the majority of prostitutes are from?

:)... they'll just move onto people trafficking etc...all my opinion of course.. :)

Organised crime already has its fingers in many different pots. Are you trying to say that activity in other areas will increase with legalisation in order to make up for the lost profits? Surely if these crime lords could make more money by increasing activity in other areas then they would already be doing it?

jb

Well, some believe that cannabis should be legalised and regulated (usually on the grounds that it is demonstrably proven to be vastly less harmful than either of the 2 currently legal ones- tobacco and alcohol).

Others, (me included), would want all drugs legalised and regulated, for many reasons, including the safety of users, taking it out of the hands of criminals, the fact that those drugs are nowhere near as harmful as is generally supposed (with most deaths and injuries being a direct consequence of the legislation and consequent lack of regulation and contamination ('cutting' and absence of strength ratings) in most street drugs).

It's not often I have agreed with you, but on this subject I am 100% in agreement.

:thumbsup:

(Better make that 99%, just in case)

Of course legalisation can mean different things for different drugs.

Cannabis should be readily available from tobacconists for example (or other licenses sellers). Heroin should be available for free on prescription if your doctor diagnoses you as an addict. This approach has been shown to reduce the number of heroin addicts as there's no profit in pushing it, but without making it available to 'sample' for anyone else.

Organised crime already has its fingers in many different pots. Are you trying to say that activity in other areas will increase with legalisation in order to make up for the lost profits? Surely if these crime lords could make more money by increasing activity in other areas then they would already be doing it?

jb

And you think they'll just take the hit?

Archived