Should I be jailed for breaking the law?

Should I be jailed for smoking a spliff?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Should I be jailed for smoking a spliff?

• You should be executed!
    • Yes, you should be jailed for 5 years.
    • Yes, you should be jailed for 1 year.
    • Yes, you should be jailed for 1 month.
    • Yes, you should be jailed for 1 week.
    • Yes, you should be jailed for 1 day.
    • No, cannabis should be legal.
    • Don't know.

So the answer is almost all of them then :hihi:

Yes, I imagine almost all heroin users used cannabis before taking heroin.

It's just that it's utterly irrelevant, in the same way that the fact that almost all heroin users used tobacco, alcohol, tea, masturbation and breathing, before taking heroin is irrelevant.

I suspect you're angling for the 'cannabis leads to heroin' approach?

In which case you really need to get to work turning up a few shreds of evidence: good luck with that one, there isn't any (evidence).

Interestingly, it's a fact that some heroin addicts manage to overcome their addiction to heroin- of the ones that do, very few manage to quit tobacco use.

Currently, the poll is showing 51% believe that cannabis should be legal.

However, 33% have voted for execution for users- clearly those voters are either joking (as several have already admitted, or, are mentally ill (wanting to kill a person for having a spliff, if sincere, is a clear sign of mental sickness).

Eliminating the jokers and the mentally ill, leaves considerably more than 50% supporting legalisation.

But really, the poll is nothing to do with what cannabis has to offer- it's asking whether users should be punished.

No-one needs to know what is good about orange juice, to decide whether those who drink it should be allowed to do so, do they?

Strange comparison but ok.

You're more familiar with canabis than I. I know nothing about the drug or its affects on the mind if any so a little background knowledge helps in deciding whether someone using it is a menace to society or just out to feel happy and relaxed with life. How am i supposed to deliver a verdict and possibly a term in prison without knowing the facts?

Strange comparison but ok.

You're more familiar with canabis than I. I know nothing about the drug or its affects on the mind if any so a little background knowledge helps in deciding whether someone using it is a menace to society or just out to feel happy and relaxed with life. How am i supposed to deliver a verdict and possibly a term in prison without knowing the facts?

I just think that there's far more relevant facts- such as the fact that there's not a single instance of death attributed directly to cannabis use.

This is in sharp contrast to the 2 legal drugs tobacco (which is responsible for more deaths than all other drugs combined, and alcohol which has been the cause of tens of thousands of deaths).

i.e. relative to 2 drugs which, presumably, you're not inclined to think yourself entitled to put yourself in a position where you could imprison users, cannabis is utterly harmless.

Anyway, despite the fact that I consider the reasons users use to be fairly irrelevant, I did nevertheless state several of those reasons in my reply to your post above.

I just think that there's far more relevant facts- such as the fact that there's not a single instance of death attributed directly to cannabis use.

This is in sharp contrast to the 2 legal drugs tobacco (which is responsible for more deaths than all other drugs combined, and alcohol which has been the cause of tens of thousands of deaths).

i.e. relative to 2 drugs which, presumably, you're not inclined to think yourself entitled to put yourself in a position where you could imprison users, cannabis is utterly harmless.

Anyway, despite the fact that I consider the reasons users use to be fairly irrelevant, I did nevertheless state several of those reasons in my reply to your post above.

Yes you did but then decided they were irrelevent.

You would appear to be under the impression that I am anti canabis where in fact its of no consequence to me who uses it or where.

I do not consider that the use of canabis should be punishable with imprisonment. As to its legalisation...hmmmm! I see no valid reason to outlaw it, it would appear to be harmless on the surface.

A cynic might argue that government itself is reluctant to legalise it as they would almost surely have to place a tax on it. What government would want that stigma attached :)

I wonder how many heroin users would say they didn't sample cannabis before moving on to heroin though.

I don't really follow the logic behind that sentiment. If your saying that once someone has tried cannabis they then have a craving for more powerful drugs I'd disagree.

The fact is that if someone tries cannabis they may want to try others as well. I don't think that cannabis can be blamed for this. Some are drawn to drugs for whatever reason and if cannabis did not exist some people would end up on heroin or coke just the same...

I don't really follow the logic behind that sentiment. If your saying that once someone has tried cannabis they then have a craving for more powerful drugs I'd disagree.

The fact is that if someone tries cannabis they may want to try others as well. I don't think that cannabis can be blamed for this. Some are drawn to drugs for whatever reason and if cannabis did not exist some people would end up on heroin or coke just the same...

Not everybody, but nobody would be fool enough to deny that some people have a craving to try stronger drugs. Some is too many.

True, weak minded fools are drawn to drugs for various reasons, but that's no excuse to give them access to cannabis as their first chapter of moral and social failure.

Currently, the poll is showing 51% believe that cannabis should be legal.

However, 33% have voted for execution for users- clearly those voters are either joking (as several have already admitted, or, are mentally ill (wanting to kill a person for having a spliff, if sincere, is a clear sign of mental sickness).

Eliminating the jokers and the mentally ill, leaves considerably more than 50% supporting legalisation.

More accurately, they have voted for the execution of one particular user. :hihi:

Not everybody, but nobody would be fool enough to deny that some people have a craving to try stronger drugs. Some is too many.

True, weak minded fools are drawn to drugs for various reasons, but that's no excuse to give them access to cannabis as their first chapter of moral and social failure.

Access to it already exists.

Archived