Should I be jailed for breaking the law?

Should I be jailed for smoking a spliff?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Should I be jailed for smoking a spliff?

• You should be executed!
    • Yes, you should be jailed for 5 years.
    • Yes, you should be jailed for 1 year.
    • Yes, you should be jailed for 1 month.
    • Yes, you should be jailed for 1 week.
    • Yes, you should be jailed for 1 day.
    • No, cannabis should be legal.
    • Don't know.

Short story about the effects of smoking pot , an old school friend of mine worked as a male nurse at middlewood hospital in the late sixties, he decided to dropout and go to norway on the hippie trail picking up casual jobs to survive.He wrote for a short while and then we lost touch untill the eighties when i read in the star he had jumped off a tower block.It turned out that the pot had turned him schizphrenic and he had spent many years in the same hospital he used to work in.An otherwise clever lads life cut short due to his pot habit.He would have been in his early sixties now with a family and grandchildren what a waste.

My dad never smoked pot. He spent 10 years in Middlewood.

I have to agree. I also think it's a shame that somebody can admit openly to breaking the law on a public forum and not suffer the consequences of their criminality.

I've smoked it now. Turns out it wasn't actually a spliff. So consider the OP a theoretical question...

Actually, I think there 's quite a lot of sympathy for Spiff smokers in the U.K. .......and rightly so ! I only wish there was as much sympathy towards us nicotine smokers. Advertisements for food and drink show happy, healthy [ ? ] little kids stuffing their little faces with all kinds of unhealthy crap in vast quantities. They show shiny, middle-class know-alls knocking back the booze at a rate of knots. [ Obesity and alcohol problems nowhere in sight ! ] Then we see fast, expensive cars whizzing round-----aahhh-how wonderful ! [ Accidents, pollution---forgotten ! ]. But if you smoke within about a kilometre of a school you 're likely to be subject to a Dawn Swoop by the SAS.........strange world innit ?

Archived