Should I be jailed for breaking the law?

Should I be jailed for smoking a spliff?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Should I be jailed for smoking a spliff?

• You should be executed!
    • Yes, you should be jailed for 5 years.
    • Yes, you should be jailed for 1 year.
    • Yes, you should be jailed for 1 month.
    • Yes, you should be jailed for 1 week.
    • Yes, you should be jailed for 1 day.
    • No, cannabis should be legal.
    • Don't know.

No mention of specifics but i'm not arguing over wording; that's your forte.

That is exactly what you're doing though.

laws which protect people from harm are easily judged as right (for example the law that makes murder illegal).

I should have been more specific, it should have said harm caused by others.

There is an argument that differentiates between Law and Morality, some believe that there is an overlap, you and I live in different camps until A) Morality can be defined clearly but more importantly

It's a changing set of rules and entirely subjective, there won't ever be a definition for it.
B) I can better understand how Law can be judged in such a way. I can only debate on what I understand or perceive to be right or wrong.

Well yes, but are you now saying that you can't understand or perceive a law to be right or wrong?

You've tried hard to convince me that your way of thinking is 'right' sometimes eloquently others confusingly ambiguous, such is your style. I'm not saying you are wrong but neither (at this time) can I give you the pleasure of saying you're right either.

Never mind.

I do see why so many others end up wanting desperately to kill you however :hihi: see you on another thread i'm sure.;)

That would be because they aren't really interested in debating.

Archived