Should I be jailed for breaking the law?

Should I be jailed for smoking a spliff?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Should I be jailed for smoking a spliff?

• You should be executed!
    • Yes, you should be jailed for 5 years.
    • Yes, you should be jailed for 1 year.
    • Yes, you should be jailed for 1 month.
    • Yes, you should be jailed for 1 week.
    • Yes, you should be jailed for 1 day.
    • No, cannabis should be legal.
    • Don't know.

Short story about the effects of smoking pot , an old school friend of mine worked as a male nurse at middlewood hospital in the late sixties, he decided to dropout and go to norway on the hippie trail picking up casual jobs to survive.He wrote for a short while and then we lost touch untill the eighties when i read in the star he had jumped off a tower block.It turned out that the pot had turned him schizphrenic and he had spent many years in the same hospital he used to work in.An otherwise clever lads life cut short due to his pot habit.He would have been in his early sixties now with a family and grandchildren what a waste.

You'll find a lot of non-cannabis users also end up in middlewood or kill themselves- mental illness and depression affects users and non-users.

I have to agree. I also think it's a shame that somebody can admit openly to breaking the law on a public forum and not suffer the consequences of their criminality.

I think it's great- the more people are open about cannabis use, the more obvious it will be that it's a relatively harmless activity enjoyed by a huge portion of the population, most of who are normal, productive people.

You'll find a lot of non-cannabis users also end up in middlewood or kill themselves- mental illness and depression affects users and non-users.

That's true - and of course in the case of choogling's unfortunate old pal, there's no way of knowing whether the cannabis contributed to the onset of his illness or whether he would have beome ill anyway.

These legalise drug threads could also have damaging consequences to young impressionable minds.

As could the absense of such threads.

Given the amont of harm caused by the 'war on cannabis' and the current level of misinformation, I think it's imortant that young minds can access some sensible info on the subject.

Archived