Sheffield Steelers - Saturday 24th 7pm - Motorpoint Arena

do_little

Hi All

I went to the arena last Sunday for my first Steelers match in over 6 years, I used to go a lot and the product and show was not what it used to be.

I went with the family as we received some cheaper tickets (£20 family ticket).

I am so glad I did, what a great nights entertainent, the kids loved it me and the hubby were really into the show, I say show as it is so far advanced from what I remembered it as. The blackout/video intro, national anthem from centre ice right to the interaction from Steeler Dan with the kids and giveaways from a cannon (fired from the centre of the ice during intervals).

I asked a supporter to the side of me what was so different, she explained it was the new ownership, apparrantley a new owner took over a few months ago and has transformed the match night experience. I have just booked another set of tickets for this Saturday when the Steelers play the Coventry Blaze (good team), I am also told that the game not to miss is the Steelers v Panthers on the 16th October 5pm.

I have put a link to the website where you can view a clip of the game from the weekend and interviews with players.

If you are at a loss this weekend or have not been to the Steelers for some time be sure to give it a go.

I cannot post a link on this forum as I am new, just look up Sheffield Steelers Ice Hockey Club

:D

You won't get any argument from me, I've been watching the Steelers for 20 years and some of the best memories I've ever had are supporting the club. :hihi:

A good friendly environment for families, with all the rough stuff taking place on the ice, not in the stands.

Regards

Doom

It makes me smile :) when people comment that hockey started 20 years ago in Sheffield, I started playing in 1976, 2 years after the team were formed. The early games were all shown on Sheffields very own TV channel 'Cablevision'! :o

Seriously though, I know Tony (the new owner) & have spoken to him a few times recently about some of the things he's planning for the arena & it seems like he's trying to get back to the product that 1st got him hooked.

If you've never been... give it a try... If the rules confuse :confused: you at any point, call in at Icesheffield when the juniors are playing (their games are free to watch, slower obviously, & the people there will take the time to explain stuff to you!) & learn more, or just enjoy it for the entertainment.

To me the OP looked like 'Sign up & advertise', but why not, its a great sport & well worth taking a couple of hours out of your life to see something else that Sheffield has to offer.

BB

ex-player, ref, coach, headcoach & all-round hockey nut. :D

It makes me smile :) when people comment that hockey started 20 years ago in Sheffield, I started playing in 1976, 2 years after the team were formed. The early games were all shown on Sheffields very own TV channel 'Cablevision'! :o

I don't think anybody has mentioned hockey starting 20 years ago, but the Steelers certainly did and that's what we're talking about. :D

The rules point is a good one, maybe the club should consider putting out a few flyers or making announcements.

I always think the most important rule to understand is that the puck has to be the first thing over the blue line for the attacking team, because that is fundamental to how teams play.

Regards

Doom

Archived