Strange questions ..

I had the telly on last night but was paying no attention as was on the phone.

I did however hear someone asking 'if it were possible to fold a piece of paper in half, then half again, and again, and again ... etc, presuming the paper is 0.1 mm thick, how many times would you have to fold it to reach the Moon?'

I'm not sure if they gave the answer (still on phone), but was intrigued enough to work it out. The answer was very surprising!

Anyone else know any flabbergasting facts? :)

I had the telly on last night but was paying no attention as was on the phone.

I did however hear someone asking 'if it were possible to fold a piece of paper in half, then half again, and again, and again ... etc, presuming the paper is 0.1 mm thick, how many times would you have to fold it to reach the Moon?'

I'm not sure if they gave the answer (still on phone), but was intrigued enough to work it out. The answer was very surprising!

Anyone else know any flabbergasting facts? :)

NO! FACT! :hihi:

Depends entirely on the size of the piece of paper. Sixteen times would require a very large piece. Perhaps larger than what is manufacturable.

Nope.

Doesn't matter if you have a blue Rizla or a 266 gm/M^2 A4 sheet. Go ahead and try.

Archived