What Night clubs & Bars can you remember 80's 90's

lizelard

Originally posted by lizelard

Josephines

Did you know that Sheffield's very own WBO Cruiserweight Champion of the World worked there and met his wife there. Bet you didn't know that, and I also bet that you don't care!

Tune in tomorrow for another pointless but interesting anecdote.

I used to work in Metro and Dickens, the two pubs were like chalk and cheese. Dickens regularly played host to a Friday/Sighturday night punch up between the local BBC/OCS, which enevitably led to an empty pub for the rest of the evening. All the staff from Dickens would go down stairs and collect glasses in the Metro.

I used to drop many a glass in there as some ten bob millionaire with huge shoulder pads swung round and knocked my stack of pint pots out my hands. The all drank either Tennants Extra or over priced house Lambrini thinking they were cultured:thumbsup:

Originally posted by RazorSHarp

I used to work in Metro and Dickens, the two pubs were like chalk and cheese. Dickens regularly played host to a Friday/Sighturday night punch up between the local BBC/OCS, which enevitably led to an empty pub for the rest of the evening. All the staff from Dickens would go down stairs and collect glasses in the Metro.

I used to drop many a glass in there as some ten bob millionaire with huge shoulder pads swung round and knocked my stack of pint pots out my hands. The all drank either Tennants Extra or over priced house Lambrini thinking they were cultured:thumbsup:

Can remember going in Metro in 92/93 and all the bottles of Lambrusco on the wall behind the bar.......it must have been the "in" drink.........ahhh the days before Alcopops

Originally posted by SheffBloke

Can remember going in Metro in 92/93 and all the bottles of Lambrusco on the wall behind the bar.......it must have been the "in" drink.........ahhh the days before Alcopops

That was it Lambrusco not Lambrini, I used to bring about 10 cases from the wine cellar to the Metro each weekend night. People used to order 4 or 5 at a time, if I remember right it was only about £4 a bottle.

Archived