Is this too good to be true or scam?

It does say you pay via Standing Order, so I'd guess you can set it up by THEM providing their details to you...

However, whether the card stays connected after the first month may be the issue. You can cancel the SO at any time through your bank though.

Doesn't seem TOO dodgy to me, but I'd be wary about buying anything like this from eBay, although it could be totally ok.

they want their first payment through paypal, once that clears then they 'dispatch' the item..they might have some crafty way of 'wording the advert'

eg was watching the real hustle and this guy bought a chair and foot stool,for what he thought was a bargain as normally it cost thousands more, what turned up on his doorstep was a miniture toy of the item, but the seller had done nothing wrong as he had described exactly what was in the picture..the snag being he didn't provide dimensions..now could this be a similar scam?...hmmm.

i sent the seller this message

"hello there, i have a question, this seems like a very good offer and if im honest comes across as a scam, thats not to say that's what i'm accusing you of, it just seems too good to be true :/, so for peace of mind and before i make any bids could you tell me how exactly is you're able to offer this? how does it work etc. thank you."

they want their first payment through paypal, once that clears then they 'dispatch' the item..they might have some crafty way of 'wording the advert'

eg was watching the real hustle and this guy bought a chair and foot stool,for what he thought was a bargain as normally it cost thousands more, what turned up on his doorstep was a miniture toy of the item, but the seller had done nothing wrong as he had described exactly what was in the picture..the snag being he didn't provide dimensions..now could this be a similar scam?...hmmm.

My friend did the same with a dining table and chairs... Wasn't a scam though, just didn't read it right :hihi:

Or, open an eBay dispute for 'Item not as described' (since you sign for it, you can't claim not received unless its genuinely not sent)

They'll tell you to return it, and the seller to refund you. Send back with tracking (RM recorded) and once the seller receives it back, and you can prove so with tracking number, they'll get you a refund.

i sent the seller this message

"hello there, i have a question, this seems like a very good offer and if im honest comes across as a scam, thats not to say that's what i'm accusing you of, it just seems too good to be true :/, so for peace of mind and before i make any bids could you tell me how exactly is you're able to offer this? how does it work etc. thank you."

Keep us posted!

The more I think about it, the more I think they may have somehow got some Sky half price deals for friends/family/and returning customers and are going to pocket the £10 ish difference every month. The card will no doubt be registered to another address.

Does anyone know if it could actually be a multiroom subscription that they pay a £10 a month for????

Now this is assuming it's not a scam, and even if it's not then many problems could arise. Sky could get wind and pull the plug, or the seller could stop paying the bills their end!!!

Archived