NHS hospitals crippled by PFI scheme

It was the Cons under Dismal Johnny Major who introduced PFI's, to get the NHS privatisation ball running.

Nobody is denying that. However it is clear that they've not worked yet Labour did nothing to scale them back or cut them.

When I was involved in one project the consultants wanted to dish out 1000 ipads to everyone in one organisation, even though there was no need or benefit to having them nor any thought to who would manage them or handle repairs and returns. They just saw the government as having deep pockets who would absorb the cost.

When I was involved in one project the consultants wanted to dish out 1000 ipads to everyone in one organisation, even though there was no need or benefit to having them nor any thought to who would manage them or handle repairs and returns. They just saw the government as having deep pockets who would absorb the cost.

I'm the black sheep in our family because I'm the only one that doesn't work for the NHS. There are some taxpayer funded iPads knocking around I must admit.

I fail to understand why you can't see benefit though. My kids get a lot of benefit playing Plants vs Zombies.

Thank you taxpayer.

:loopy:

If any politician is taking time off from fiddling their expenses or ruining the country, and is reading this, they'll be delighted.

As ever, it's descended into a childish argument about 'who is to blame'.

They're all to blame, every damn one of them.

Politicians are to blame for all the ills in the World.

If any politician is taking time off from fiddling their expenses or ruining the country, and is reading this, they'll be delighted.

As ever, it's descended into a childish argument about 'who is to blame'.

They're all to blame, every damn one of them.

Politicians are to blame for all the ills in the World.

That's because their very existence relies on running with the "......hare and the hounds'.. the "bankers and the unions" etc etc, anything but the long term good for this country.

Those of you who read Private Eye will be well aware of the PFI scandal.

I read it and it seems the coalition are preparing a whole new raft of PFI projects. Was covered in a recent edition.

How the Tories could repeat these awful mistakes is beyond me

Archived