A grave miscarriage of justice..

Ah - key here - a different response to the press. Does the press always lead you so easily?

As for Brewer's fate, he was a truly vile individual. If any murderer has ever deserved execution, or society ever been better rid of a dangerous animal masquerading as a human being, the list above Brewer isn't very long.

you still haven't said whether you think a tiny shadow of doubt should prevent an execution

Better men than criminals are killed in wars. If you think the taking of life is the worst sin mankind can commit then you must be totally against war of any kind.... justified or not.... correct?

I don't understand the point - the question is whether a man should have been put to death in the face of compelling evidence of his innocence.

you still haven't said whether you think a tiny shadow of doubt should prevent an execution
There will always be some element of 'tiny shadow'. Nothing is absolute.

I'm happy that very, very few people end up in a crown court that are not completely guilty - my only concern is that some are not convicted.

Hard to understand why a man found guilty and then executed in Texas would cause so many to vent their spleen on a Sheffield webby site. There seems to be enough problems around Sheffield without having to look across the Atlantic to find some.

Regards

Angel.

I take it that the fact that the most powerful nation on earth is killing its own citizens on very shaky evidence doesn't trouble you?

Have you ever called for criminals to be executed?

Bothered about innocent people riding the needle?

No?

Does anyone read anything I type or am I wasting my time. Laurence brewer on this thread page three, chained a black guy to a pick up and drove round until he was dead in 1998.

Yes, I've just read up on it. A vile person, but it was wrong to kill him.

I'm looking forward to his answer for this.

I'm looking forward to your answer to the basic question of whether an execution should proceed in the face of doubt about guilt. I presume we aren't going to get one, cos the only possible answer is 'no of course it shouldn't'

Archived