A grave miscarriage of justice..

It's always struck me that in American courts that I've seen or read accounts of, the Judges tend to be Christian. People swear on the bible (or used to, I don't know if this is still done in American courts). Yet one of the Ten Commandments is:

"Thou Shalt Not Kill"

As simple as that. Not "thou shalt not kill unless it's for a good reason" or "thou shalt not kill unless they deserve it"

It is their God COMMANDING them to NOT KILL.

Is it just me or is that a tad hypocritical? Maybe even worth a damnation?

Nice - so you actually hope that somebody close to me will die :rolleyes:

You said there's billions on the planet and it didn't matter if a few here and there get executed by mistake..

Oh sorry, I understand now. Its ok for someone to be exucuted in error, so long as its not anyone close to you...Nice...:hihi:

You said there's billions on the planet and it didn't matter if a few here and there get executed by mistake..

Oh sorry, I understand now. Its ok for someone to be exucuted in error, so long as its not anyone close to you...Nice...:hihi:

There's a difference between accepting a death penalty as a useful tool in the justice system and wishing for somebody to die. I guess you can't see that.

How very racist that in a state with a 15% black population, 7 of his 12 jurors were black.

I don't suppose it could ever occur to you that a much higher proportion of black men are in jail than white men because they commit more crime?

You'll be banned for stating the obvious. Considering the dissproportianate amount of crime committed by Black people there and the same dissproportianate amount of looting in the recent UK riots carried out by Black people, it is very easy to form a comclusion.

It's always struck me that in American courts that I've seen or read accounts of, the Judges tend to be Christian. People swear on the bible (or used to, I don't know if this is still done in American courts). Yet one of the Ten Commandments is:

"Thou Shalt Not Kill"

As simple as that. Not "thou shalt not kill unless it's for a good reason" or "thou shalt not kill unless they deserve it"

It is their God COMMANDING them to NOT KILL.

Is it just me or is that a tad hypocritical? Maybe even worth a damnation?

Yours is a silly illogical argument.

Why do we train armies to kill and accept it as part of normal society ? And, mind you, with the blessinsg of religious hierarchies.:D

There's a difference between accepting a death penalty as a useful tool in the justice system and wishing for somebody to die. I guess you can't see that.

You're a little mixed up I feel. I was basically saying, in response to your flippant remark, that if somebody is killed by mistake, it didn't matter. I asserted that if this happens I hope it happens to your family. Perhaps you'll put your brain in gear before making such a thoughtless post in future..

You arrogantly stated that you weren't bothered if somebody dies. Now you go all mardy when I merely point out that it might effect you and chuck the rattle out....

:hihi:

For those who want to play the race card a white man was also executed yesterday in Texas for the murder of a black man.

Therewas no doubt as to guilt in that case.

The judicial system works pretty evenly these days when it comes to race.

Hardly.

http://www.amnestyusa.org/our-work/issues/death-penalty/us-death-penalty-facts/death-penalty-and-race

What more dreadful thing could you do to a murder victim's family than let the killer off?

It would be difficult to 'let off' this alleged killer as he had already served a twenty year sentence.

Funny thing that - the people comdemning the subject execution of this thread seem quite unconcerned when a white man is executed. Makes me feel ashamed.

How much effort have you put into condemning the execution of Lawrence Brewer?

Trolling. :roll:

It's had rather a lot, as did the original awful murder. I would expect somebody who is so opposed to 'judicial killing' to have followed it closely.

Then again, that case is one of a white on black killing and justice dealing with a white murderer, so it doesn't offer some people their chance to stand on a soap box and claim black people are unjustly penalised for their crimes. :rolleyes:

More trolling. :rolleyes:

Ah - key here - a different response to the press. Does the press always lead you so easily? As for Brewer's fate, he was a truly vile individual. If any murderer has ever deserved execution, or society ever been better rid of a dangerous animal masquerading as a human being, the list above Brewer isn't very long.

Getting to the point.

Hard to understand why a man found guilty and then executed in Texas would cause so many to vent their spleen on a Sheffield webby site. There seems to be enough problems around Sheffield without having to look across the Atlantic to find some.

Regards

Angel.

If it doesn't happen in Sheffield I guess it's off little consequence. :rolleyes: Moreso, given that in the UK there is no danger of a person being executed for a crime they didn't commit.

So advice please. How would you have dealt with the Troy Davis case>

He could always have been released, since he had served twenty years already.

It's always the habit of death penalty abolition advocates to come up with the same old tune about the "innocence" factor.

A fairly significant factor for most of the population, I should think!

So my question to you is was he innocent or not in your opinion?

Aside from the Pope, the rest of the world and all the other back seat drivers who have proclaimed him completely innocent without knowing anything about the trial or Davis until it hit the headlines that he had been executed what other information do you have to prove him innocent?

Strange that you should ask the opinion of a forummer when you go on to suggest that scarcely anyone has any reason to hold one! I assume you'll stick to your beliefs and, from now on, not express any views on anything that happens that is not witnessed by your own eyes. :rolleyes:

If the stay of execution had been approved what further action would you have taken in this case?

Set him free.

Not that it's completely relevent either to the case but Davis was a scumbag who with others was beating up on a homeless man when the murdererd policeman MacPhail rushed in to put a stop to it

That's cool then, so if he didn't murder anyone and the Texans' murdered him in error at least we can be concentrate on the fact that he was a nasty man and not some tedious gross miscarriage of justice.

It always amazes me when I see all the crocodile tears being shed over someone like Davis yet not a word of compassion or sympathy for MacPhail's family. It almost seems like MacPhail or his family dont exist to all those who can only feel pity for the perpetrator. A mother and father lost a son, a wife her husband and the kids, a father and provider

It goes without saying that most people will sympathise with victims of violent crime. I see little point in attempting to divert attention from the issue: the executioon of a man who may well have been innocent and it's wider implications:

It also makes victims of all Americans, because any of you could be snared by vexatious allegations and the failure of the court and politicians to act properly in light of them.

Removing the death penalty as a deterrent dont help matters do it?

(Sits back and waits for the inevitable response and stats showing that the death penalty has not been a successful deterrent :D )

Well, if you know that statistics show that the death penalty has not been a successful deterrent then it's removal would not be a hindrance either. It would ensure that innocent people are not executed by the judicial system.

Archived