Should children be allowed to take part in cage fights ?

I've listened to a lot of interviews and comments on Radio Sheffield this morning and have have heard a lot of people saying the same things but the one thing I don't understand if that the pro lobby are saying that martial arts are about discipline and respect

Respect of who or what?

respect for the person you are fighting?

respect for yourself?

respect on the street when people know you can fight?

Is it seen as higher street cred if you can fight in this kind of arena?

I'm a parent myself and would never allow my children to take part in this kind of activity - meaning cage fighting for entertainment not organised sport

its what kids do ..................:loopy:

Why the:loopy:?

Have i offended you or touched a nerve?

Yes they probably do in houses where parenting skills are lacking :rolleyes:

I think it is wrong to encourage any kind of violence in children whether playing or not.

I guess you are one of those people who just cant understand cases like Jamie bulger etc etc.

It all starts somewhere and imo Parents and Grandparents who sit back and think its funny to watch as their kids lamp seven bells outta one another are completely inressponsible.

It's part of the same thing..you're saying kids shouldn't be allowed to fight 'cos it produces kids like Jon Venables and Ian Thompson... I don't think properly organised sport does this....

I am all for properly organised sports which instill discipline and self worth, what i am against is a group of so called responsible adults all sitting and laughing while their children/grandchildren knock each other about.

If the same children went onto the streets and knocked another kid about then i am sure said parents/grandparents would be mortified.

Violence should be discouraged not laughed at :)

Archived