Another Solar panel company turned us down!

More efficient gas turbines tend to be bigger & harder to start/stop, so they're less suitable for backing up wind power.

You have to pay people to maintain & operate them even if they're not in use, because you never really know when the wind is going to stop blowing. You're going to have to pay to build them in the first place too. The only saving is a bit of fuel when the wind is blowing at the right speed.

My last visit to an oil fired power station included watching (and more to the point listening) to the standby gas turbine generators as they underwent their regular testing.

They used two pairs of Rolls Royce Olympus turbojets.

Energy generation using periodic renewables (tidal, wind, wave, solar) would be fine for the country's energy needs if there was an efficient and cost effective way of storing the energy.

It's not that renewables don't produce enough energy, it's that they can't always produce it on demand and the energy they produce can't be stored at the scale required.

Pump storage schemes are all very well in Snowdonia, but not much use in Hampshire.

We can still offer the FREE panels - Give us a call 01909 519381 or visit http://www.solar-roof-solutions.co.uk/

Ok Ok !! we get the message but you only offer free panels to private housing, why haven't companies like yours courted the council for a contract to fit your FREE panels on council housing ? The market must be lucrative enough for you to give the council an 'incentive' to take up the offer.

Tides are periodic yes.

Waves are, like wind, less so, but still seasonally periodic.

Tides are predicably periodic though, unlike the wind, and they occur at different times around our island, so presumably by building in the right place we could actually provide continuous power from tidal sources...

Are waves more predictably periodic than the wind, the big problem with the wind is the chaotic nature rather than the periodic nature.

Ok Ok !! we get the message but you only offer free panels to private housing, why haven't companies like yours courted the council for a contract to fit your FREE panels on council housing ? The market must be lucrative enough for you to give the council an 'incentive' to take up the offer.

Hi, the council have something called the Solar City Project.

We don't just do houses we do commercial building too. We are currently installing on All Saints School and the Pakistan & Muslim Centre on Woodburn road.

We don't just do houses we do commercial building too. We are currently installing on All Saints School and the Pakistan & Muslim Centre on Woodburn road.

Can you find me some info on the Solar City Project and how many houses will benefit from this ?

You talk like a double glazing salesman Mr Quint :gag:

The Government has launched an initiative known as the Feed in Tariff (FiT) which gives an opportunity to get paid for the excess electricity generated by the panels. These payments are in addition to the money saved from the electricity generated and used within the home.

Sheffield City Council’s Solar City Project is currently looking at a way to take advantage of this opportunity that would be of benefit to both customers and the City Council. Proposals are in the early stages of development and further detailed work is required before any formal plans can be brought forward. We will keep you updated on the progress with this project.

Permission Requests

Many companies offering free installation of solar panels and free electricity are contacting residents across Sheffield. The financial deals and obligations that are on offer are very complex and may not be all that they initially appear to be. As the Council is considering options across the whole housing stock it wants to ensure that the best possible approach for council housing is achieved.

If you have been exploring Feed in Tariff we would like to remind you that permission would be required from Sheffield Homes to carry out this work. Due to the proposals the Council is considering we will not currently be agreeing any permission requests for work of this type.

Our advice to all Sheffield Homes tenants is that if you are visited by a company offering to install solar panels on your home, you should inform the company that the property is owned by Sheffield City Council and you are unable to arrange for solar panels to be installed.

Can you find me some info on the Solar City Project and how many houses will benefit from this ?

I see you have some information, if you are interested in how many houses will benefit, i suggest you contact them.

Double Glazing Sales Man? We are offering Free Solar Panels. Yes we take the Feed in Tariff, but the panels give people the opportunity to generate their own electricity and and reduce their energy bills - is this a bad thing??. Im not sure why your giving me such a hard time?

I see you have some information, if you are interested in how many houses will benefit, i suggest you contact them.

Double Glazing Sales Man? We are offering Free Solar Panels. Yes we take the Feed in Tariff, but the panels give people the opportunity to generate their own electricity and and reduce their energy bills - is this a bad thing??. Im not sure why your giving me such a hard time?

Calm down Quint "It's a Forum" :hihi::hihi:

Has your company approached the council with an offer to install solar panels on council housing or not ? simple question....

Now don't do a Tony Blair on me either..........

Archived