Accupucture any good ?

does it work ?

Absolutely it does.

Of course it depends what you want curing. I used to go to a proper Chinese doctor who gave me acupuncture and a medical massage. I used to have a really bad back and sciatica. The best the NHS could do was painkillers

He used to do acupuncture to relax the muscles and numb the feeling. Then he would dig his fingers right into the muscles and loosen them up. It wasn't exactly painless at the time but a few days later you really loosened up. It was so good it was almost a dark art. He got rid of my tennis elbow in one session. He moved to Buxton and then to Bakewell but still well worth the trip.

I too have had good experiences with acupuncture, I had it for a RSI in my elbow and again some years later for a hip problem. I can't be 100% certain these conditions got better any faster than they would've without acupuncture, but I came away from each session feeling great, it was very relaxing and really quite euphoric. See also moxibustion :)

Archived