Council trying to evict English couple who live in a shed due to low wages.

Are you claiming there is a housing crisis chem1st ?

How can that be, the interest rates are at 0.5% and so borrowing is the cheapest it has ever been. When I was a lad interest rates were around 6%.

Are you trying to claim that young people who work for a living are being priced out of housing?

The borrowing is not cheap as the 0.5% is inapplicable to most loans and banks behaving unilaterally.Its funny I took you to be a woman for some reason-must have been the nature of your comments.This makes your persistent observation of Forge Valley students even more puzzling!

Same newspaper different story,

Residents powerless to remove illegal immigrants from their gardens

Groups of immigrants have moved into the gardens of at least six properties since November last year, leaving a trail of cider bottles, bags of human waste and drugs needles behind them.

Though homeowners have appealed for help, the police and council say they cannot arrest the trespassers - who have no passports and are mostly from Eastern Europe - because they claim it is a civil, not a criminal matter.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1259279/Residents-powerless-remove-illegal-immigrants-gardens.html#ixzz1Yi2tbKVG

Hi

in parts of outter london towards Heathrow airport, many people have built large buidling in the backs of their gardens and rent them out - council is doing naff all as its so widespread.

If nayone built a shed, log house, building and put in there anyone overnight, we demand the owner of the property was taken to court re breach of pp = FACT

Me, claim that there is a housing crisis?

Of course not.

Everything is fine in the UK, housing and jobs a plenty, we should invite more immigrants, as we have such an excess of jobs and housing. This is the land of milk and honey!

Somebody working for 2 hours on minimum wage earns enough money to buy 3 pints of beer in their local pub. Pubs are booming right now. There is practically one on every corner.

Have you ever mentioned we have a housing crisis? I had not noticed!

Housing is plentiful, loads of houses up for sale. As for council/social housing, that's so 1960's.

Jobs are available,just don't set your target too high if you are not prepaid to work for it.

Pubs on every corner is also so 1960's, we did not have 900 channels on TV,game consoles and the internet then. If you are paying nearly £4 a pint in your local, must mean that you live in S17, so you can't be doing that bad!

A bit off topic I know, but do a search for sub-100K houses in Rotherham.

Absolutley loads of them.

Half the problem is some people don't want to start off on the lower rungs of the housing ladder (so called for a reason).

Nope, they want a 3 bed semi with a drive and a garage from the off. Preferably in a "nice" area. Nothing wrong with that as such, but it's a bit unrealistic as a first property. I know a couple of people who look at me a bit goggle eyed when I've suggested that they can afford a house despite what they think, they just have massively unrealistic expectations as to what type/size and where.

Same newspaper different story,

Residents powerless to remove illegal immigrants from their gardens

Or even more relevant, the paper which froths at the mouth about the 'blatant breach of planning regulations' by the travellers at Dale Farm is championing the 'blatant breach of planning regulations' by a white middle-class family. :suspect:

John X

A bit off topic I know, but do a search for sub-100K houses in Rotherham.

Absolutley loads of them.

Half the problem is some people don't want to start off on the lower rungs of the housing ladder (so called for a reason).

Nope, they want a 3 bed semi with a drive and a garage from the off. Preferably in a "nice" area. Nothing wrong with that as such, but it's a bit unrealistic as a first property. I know a couple of people who look at me a bit goggle eyed when I've suggested that they can afford a house despite what they think, they just have massively unrealistic expectations as to what type/size and where.

£99999 house, 10k deposit, 90% mortgage. Income required 30k.

Job security required, 25 years + of job security.

To afford these homes you have to be some of the best paid people in South Yorkshire, an area where the average wage is under £20k.

Why do you think house prices are falling...

£99999 house, 10k deposit, 90% mortgage. Income required 30k.

Job security required, 25 years + of job security.

To afford these homes you have to be some of the best paid people in South Yorkshire, an area where the average wage is under £20k.

Why do you think house prices are falling...

The couple in the story have an income > £30k... so they can well afford a £99k home..

The couple in the story have an income > £30k... so they can well afford a £99k home..

Job security?

The males job/income wasn't mentioned.

It is his income, and his income alone that should be considered as she is likely to stop working to raise a child.

Archived