Australian hero bus passenger confronts knife thug

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23989085-bus-thugs-knife-hero-passenger.do

An Australian Graphic artist, having only been living in the UK for 18mths, was stabbed twice for defending a pregnant lady and elderly passengers from foul-mouthed and targetted bullying on a London bus, all for asking them politely to stop it.

Despite being 6'4", he remained seated - so as not to intimidate the three offenders (one black male, one stocky white male and a white female)- and appealed politely.

What a hero this guy is, and what a welcome to Britain? And how embarrassed am I for this sick 'initiation' to my country?

Should we just have such scum and chavs as these offenders put down?

Although I can understand why he felt he had to say something (I think a lot of us feel that way sometimes or have done in the past), the problem is you just don't know what you can get yourself in to nowadays.

Some teenagers, even younger ones, today carry a blade as if its customary to do so- and they don't think twice about using it. The days of just sorting it out hand to hand is gone.

Personally I would stand up (despite being no where near 6'0 let alone 6'4) to protect an innocent, but would be conscience of what the other party is carrying and stay defensive.

Archived