Boasting about wealth.

It seems to be the latest fad on here. Over the past few months there have been a handful of new users, who take every opportunity to boast about money, houses and cars that they allegedly own.

Does anyone actually believe a word they say? Do they do it because they're lacking in other areas?

Give it a rest, you make yourself look a right pillock. Fact.

Where is the rich one??? Has he fallen on hard times and had to sell his computer?! :suspect::D

Really, it's an attempt of trolling, be it a poor one.

Since I'm talking about a fad rather than any individual, your theory falls flat on its arse.

Sounds like someone on the internet lets someone on the internet with a fad get inside their head. It takes an individual to put something forward unless the fad has human abilities.:hihi:

...Really, it's an attempt of trolling, be it a poor one.

Is it really trolling if all it consists of are a few fairly benign, occasionally amusing personas? Is anyone really taken in and wound up by them? There are few fairly successful, traditionally malignant trolls on here, but I don't think the faux Dore one falls into that category.

I agree with you Halibut *cries*. What i will say is that he/she is a pretty good 'troll' in that he/she manages to hook a lot of people, myself included on occasion, pretty easily. The most recent incarnation has upped the ante somewhat and is reaping the rewards due to more people than ever biting.

There were a lot of regular userers who all seemed to disappear about the same time as these new people appreared.

Edit - hey I made up a new word - userers. I was going to correct it, but I kind like the word.

Is it really trolling if all it consists of are a few fairly benign, occasionally amusing personas? Is anyone really taken in and wound up by them? There are few fairly successful, traditionally malignant trolls on here, but I don't think the faux Dore one falls into that category.

Amusing in the sense, it's obvious to see that the very same person is trying to pull the wool over our eyes with his many personas. I certainly don't find myself wound up by reading such claims by faux Dore, but I have seen one or two people bite at his 'im considerably richer than you' attitude.

Archived