Social Services and the measures they take

we have got the grudge because we have been there... have you? i guess not, so please dont comment on things you have not expierenced first hand, we have, we know how they work, i have true storys that would make any mothers toes curl and also FACTS.... cant argue with them.

I think you will find, my comment is just as valid as yours, if not more so. I may have not had dealings with social services, but then that doesn't make my well balanced advice irrelevant.

Won't ask why you were there, but I suspect they had their reasons.

To be honest it is a mine field and has taken me two years just to gather all the relevent information required but i am determined they are not going to get away with what they have done to my family.

What i suggest she starts by doing is writing and requesting all the information gathered including internal memo's and recorded telephone calls.

she can request this under the freedom of informations act and it will cost her £10.00.

The social services by law have 14 days in which to respond.

If the woman signed an intial assessment form the the social services (by law) have to complete it within 8 weeks.

I would also from now on take in a dictaphone and record all conversations which occur but whatever they do they must state at the beginning of the meeting that the people are being recorded and to get them to say they understand they are being recorded.

Relying on the minute takers is a waste of time as they are employed by the ss and are bias x

Its a long hard road and most parents are just so relieved that the social services are out of their lives that they dont want to take it any further.

Unfortunately for the social servives i am a stubborn git :D

Good for you!

Another point - if the mother signed this document while she was smashed out of her brains, surely its not legally binding...

I mean, don't you have to be of sound mind to sign such an important document?

By the sound of it she was clearly NOT of sound mind!

Like, for example, when a person is arrested and read their rights, at they end of it the arresting officer has to say 'do you understand?'

Every time someone comes to this forum asking for help wen involved with social service, people bring horror stories to the table of children removed from loving, decent families.

It's very important that thousands of cildren are helped every year by social service - eithher by supporting and guiding families in looking after their cildren, or when that isn't possible, providing care for children who's families can't or wont look after them.

My advice to asnyone in such a situation as the OP's friend is to seek advice from a solicitor.

It can't do any harm, and social workers usually welcome it.

Good for you!

Another point - if the mother signed this document while she was smashed out of her brains, surely its not legally binding...

I mean, don't you have to be of sound mind to sign such an important document?

By the sound of it she was clearly NOT of sound mind!

Like, for example, when a person is arrested and read their rights, at they end of it the arresting officer has to say 'do you understand?'

Its just one of the underhand ways the social services use, there would be no point in trying to argue the toss with them about that at this point.

The best she can do is mark it down for future reference.

She then needs to jump through the necessary hoops until they have finished their investigations, noting every minute it of detail.

Only when they close the case should she put in a complaint, the SS will reject it or give some bull ****e response, then she can start the legal proceedings

When someone gets arrested, they get held in cells for 12 or 13 hours until they sober up before being questioned. Surely this should be the case here too? Or is it that with allegations being made, and the woman being apparently in danger, they need it immediately, so they can get out and arrest the man? And with a child being involved, it becomes of greater urgency?

Every time someone comes to this forum asking for help wen involved with social service, people bring horror stories to the table of children removed from loving, decent families.

It's very important that thousands of cildren are helped every year by social service - eithher by supporting and guiding families in looking after their cildren, or when that isn't possible, providing care for children who's families can't or wont look after them.

My advice to asnyone in such a situation as the OP's friend is to seek advice from a solicitor.

It can't do any harm, and social workers usually welcome it.

But aint it funny how we never hear of the thousands of kids that are helped, we only hear about things when they toss it up.

I know a child who was left to beatings for years and years despite being on the child at risk registar.

Its just one of the underhand ways the social services use, there would be no point in trying to argue the toss with them about that at this point.

The best she can do is mark it down for future reference.

She then needs to jump through the necessary hoops until they have finished their investigations, noting every minute it of detail.

Only when they close the case should she put in a complaint, the SS will reject it or give some bull ****e response, then she can start the legal proceedings

No, they need to seek independent advice... end of and then take it from there. You know nothing about the case or what is happening so to compare it to your experience would be silly.

I'm sorry but IMO Mothers who smoke all the way through pregnancy should be removed from their children when they're born, I said as much to my Cousin when she smoked through both of her pregnancies.

Smoking is not good for the Mother or the Baby IMO.

But aint it funny how we never hear of the thousands of kids that are helped, we only hear about things when they toss it up.

I know a child who was left to beatings for years and years despite being on the child at risk registar.

Thats the British gutter press for you.

I work with children, so get a more evn view as a result of my varied first hand experiences.

Archived