Tips/help to book trip to roma italy.

hi wanting to book a hotel + flight to roma , italy from manchester intl near end of october 2011 overlapsing onto november 2011 four day break.

need tips as i want to go to leaning tower of pisa which is also 3hrs away. i am presuming there are excurions for tihs otherwise its train from roma to florence 2 hours + train from florence to pisa another 1 hour

have been investigating on lastminute.com but alot of the city hotels even for a 4* have poor reviews re illegal street racing till early morning, even though i tried paying a bit more for a better hotel. so i am looking for any city hotel recommendations ? not villas

we had a great break in Rome, booked hotel and flight separately and took the bus from the airport to city centre and return. All good and cheap. The hotel was called Hotel Caracciolo and was near the train station ( which is where the airport bus-called Terravision drops you). It was just B and B but great situation, clean and comfy with helpful staff(don't be put off by reviews we felt perfectly safe here). Flights we booked with Easy Jet from Liverpool.

Good Luck with your plans

I can't comment on hotels as it has been a long time since I visited Italy, however there are regular trains running to Pisa from Florence. I caught one. It's very easy to do this and the tower isn't far from the station - just follow the crowd.

If you are after somewhere a bit unusual, peaceful and reasonably cheap, take a look at this. I think this is the route I'd go down next time I visit Italy. After all, you're out and about most of the time, you only go there to sleep.

hi wanting to book a hotel + flight to roma , italy from manchester intl near end of october 2011 overlapsing onto november 2011 four day break.

need tips as i want to go to leaning tower of pisa which is also 3hrs away. i am presuming there are excurions for tihs otherwise its train from roma to florence 2 hours + train from florence to pisa another 1 hour

have been investigating on lastminute.com but alot of the city hotels even for a 4* have poor reviews re illegal street racing till early morning, even though i tried paying a bit more for a better hotel. so i am looking for any city hotel recommendations ? not villas

if you could travel later in the month

http://www.travelzoo.com/uk/holidays/city-breaks/-139-Rome-3-Night-Escape-near-Vatican-inc-Flights-1104131/

£139 -- Rome: 3-Night Escape near Vatican inc Flights

P.s most hotels will hook you up with a tour, which will work out cheaper, and you'll get extras thrown in. always better to go with somebody who knows

The price of a 3-night escape to the Italian capital has been cut by 45%. This 4-star Rome break from Broadway Travel is now £139 per person.

The price includes return flights and three nights' accommodation at the 4-star Cardinal Hotel St Peter. The hotel is located close to the Vatican and the Villa Doria Pamphili, one of the city's main public parks. The historic centre of Rome is around 15 minutes away by bus, and there are several shops, bars and restaurants in the immediate vicinity of the hotel.

Flights depart from Manchester on 20, 27 November; 4 December; 15, 29 January, 2012 and from London Gatwick on 21, 30 November. Alternatively, you can leave from London Stansted on 19, 29 November; 1 December or from Bristol on 8, 22, 29 January, 2012. Click here for more details and other travel dates.

Broadway Travel is also offering an upgrade to the 5-star Radisson Blu Es Rome for an extra £100 per person. This hotel regularly charges £165 per night. Click here for more information and a full list of travel dates.

Archived