People Hating Staffys

CompSpud

Right.. We all know some people on this forum hate staffys because they are narrow minded and sterotypical. But why do they have to bring ever forum post down to the gutter everytime someone says the word staffy.

Im sick to my back teeth of Staffy haters, :rant: It's just the same as calling someone black the N bomb.. Or a aisan a P... But once again the forum mods dont seem to do anyhting about it? I am waiting for someone to put.. Its only a dog not a human.

IT IS THE OWNER NOT THE DOGS FAULT! I Have a Staffy and so does my father. They have never got into a fight... Infact my staffy got attacked by a large dog a few months ago. My staffy was playing with the kids in the garden and the other dog come into my graden and attack her... Who's fault is it? My staffys? NO its the others dogs owners.. Get a life and stop been so narrow minded.

I would love it if the mods would pickup on this kind of thing. Its starting to bring the pet section down.

Rick

We don't do anything about it because people are entitled to their opinion. Some people hate Staffies just the same as a fair number of people hate the dog I have (GSD) and they're perfectly entitled to think whatever they think. I know my dog doesn't eat children for breakfast, but I know that I'm never going to convince them of that, so I move on and talk to the people that I know I can make a difference with.

Some people hate all dogs, some people are phobic, some people have no conscience and are cruel to all animals. If I worried about all of them and tried to convert them all to be animal lovers then I'd work myself to a frazzle and guarantee failure- is there any point in that?

Im trying to put my point across here and your coming out with stupid replys like that.

Hey, that's quite good. I've made far more stupider replies than that.

People don't like them because they have a reputation. Simple as that. However I do agree, it's a lot do do with the owner and through no fault of the breed, they do sseem to attract chavtastic owners. You never see a chav with a poodle do you?

Right.. We all know some people on this forum hate staffys because they are narrow minded and sterotypical. But why do they have to bring ever forum post down to the gutter everytime someone says the word staffy.

Im sick to my back teeth of Staffy haters, :rant: It's just the same as calling someone black the N bomb.. Or a aisan a P... But once again the forum mods dont seem to do anyhting about it? I am waiting for someone to put.. Its only a dog not a human.

IT IS THE OWNER NOT THE DOGS FAULT! I Have a Staffy and so does my father. They have never got into a fight... Infact my staffy got attacked by a large dog a few months ago. My staffy was playing with the kids in the garden and the other dog come into my graden and attack her... Who's fault is it? My staffys? NO its the others dogs owners.. Get a life and stop been so childish..

I would love it if the mods would pickup on this kind of thing. Its starting to bring the pet section down.

Rick

or an Aussie a criminal? (although that seems to be socially acceptable)

I'm not narrow minded, and I don't like staffies.

I just think they are ugly and I don't care much for the staffies or the owners that I have personally encountered.

I don't like chihuahuas either, from being psycologicaly scarred by them from a very early age.

So why am I not allowed to dislike staffies?

I don't like cabbage or onions, does that man I'm veggieist as well?

I don't particulalry like Ford cars - am I carist?

I REALLY don't like the go compare ads, or the new radio ads for nappies. :gag:

I don't like all the traffic lights along Upper Hanover street. (do students REALLY need 5 sets of crossing lights within a 100m stretch of road?)

I know what you mean medusa. But isnt there ANYthing at all we can do? Im getting abit bored of people with the staffy hating in every post.

To be honest, there's very little that we can do to change people's opinions. They hold them for what they consider to be good reasons and challenging them only seems to get people's backs up.

If I were you I'd just stop reading that sort of comment- you know that your dog is a lovely dog but if others aren't going to listen to you then is there any point in trying to convince them of that?

Staffs are not my sort of dog, but that doesn't mean that I hate them or instinctively distrust them, any more than I hate or distrust any other breed. Individual dogs yes, whole breeds tarred with one pass of the brush, no.

Archived