People Hating Staffys

CompSpud

Sorry Scozzie, I'm not keen on dachshunds either. They fall into the same category as most little dogs (wouldn't have one myself) but my opinion shouldn't matter to you when you're getting, walking or enjoying sharing your life with your dog, so that's fine.

It's also fine if you aren't a great fan of GSDs. The world would be a very boring place if we all agreed on what was good/bad and what was desirable/not.

The only dog that has ever done me any major damage with a bite is a GSD, but the last dog that I was around which was the most dangerous in terms of biting a child rather badly was a shihtzu (and GSD and shihtzu are SO alike!) so I'm not going to hold either breed responsible- there is the potential for danger to exist in any breed of dog.

OMG, you are talking about dachshunds! I have dachshunds and they are wonderful pets and great companions. I just cant believe how you can't just love them as much as me. You must be horrible and narrow minded. They are soft as brushes and I'm sure that if I can just force them upon you, you will love them as much as I do. :hihi:

Sorry Scozzie, every dachshund I've ever had to walk past has barked and growled at us like a mad thing, I'm scared of them! They are cute though... cute but somehow terrifying! I always feel a bit sorry for their little legs too lol

Oh I forgot the dog I most dislike is actually the border terrier, never met a nice one, and I come across loads as they're pretty popular (not that I'm saying they are ALL horrible, but my own personal experience has made me not trust them one bit I'm afraid)

Sorry Scozzie, every dachshund I've ever had to walk past has barked and growled at us like a mad thing, I'm scared of them! They are cute though... cute but somehow terrifying! I always feel a bit sorry for their little legs too lol

Oh I forgot the dog I most dislike is actually the border terrier, never met a nice one, and I come across loads as they're pretty popular (not that I'm saying they are ALL horrible, but my own personal experience has made me not trust them one bit I'm afraid)

Medusa - Tilly loves it when there are big, hairy dogs around. she likes GSDs best of all.

I don't mind that people don't like dachshunds, I'm not goint to get a bee in my bonnet over it. Sometimes I don't like them. They are SOOOOO noisy and barky. :D

I don't take offense and tell people they are bad people for not liking a particular dog - if everyone had a dax, then I don't think as many people would stop and talk to me about them when we're out on walks.

(that last post was supposed to be a bit tongue in cheek based on the quote I added at the end of it)

I've never met a nice yorkie :hihi:

I think the small dogs need to have a lot of bark and attitude to make up for the fear they must feel, having a giant world around them!

Weren't dachshunds recently found to be the most aggressive dogs?

yes, they are. I think it is the breed. :D

I think the study asked who had been bitten by their own dogs and a high number of dachshund owners had been.

Mine nip me for attention but only superficially. A few I've had over the years have mastered the art of getting just 1 hair in its mouth and pulling it out... ouch :( . :D

(followed by chihuahuas)

I have got to say I am not a fan of Staffi's but thats because I am not a bull breed fan. I love my sighthounds, v different to the bull breed however I have recently been to the rspca with a friend because she is after a JRT pup and they have some in. It is here I bumped into Roxy!! the sweetest, prettiest little thing I have ever seen:love::love::love::love:. She is a little staffi x.

If it wasn't for the fact she doesnt like cats I would have been having major talks to the hubby!! she is sooo loving, walks really well on the lead and has the cutest face.

If anyone is after a family dog I would def go for Roxy. Not a big fan of the rspca personally but I can't get this little girl out of my head..hope she finds her sofa soon.

Right.. We all know some people on this forum hate staffys because they are narrow minded and sterotypical. But why do they have to bring ever forum post down to the gutter everytime someone says the word staffy.

I was talking to Nigel (pets@home), last Saturday (he was dropping off my new Staffie puppy for me :)), about starting this thread on here CompSpud. If there is one thing i detest on here it is small minded, bigoted, uneducated dullards posting nothing but vile about Staffies and trying to demonize the breed even more than the press are doing.

We have two in particular that don't post for weeks on end then jump in two footed with every snipe they can. Even though every time they do it we (the few of us own Staffies), make them look fools by pulling them up and putting them right on everything they try and spew.

The mods are powerless to do anything about it until someone crosses the line and makes it personal.

My own recommendation would be to make this thread a Staffie 'megathread' and then move Staffie bashing posts to this thread instead of letting the bigots ruin other, unrelated, threads.

I really dont think anyone is getting my point here. Staffys arnt bad dogs..

Hmmm a very generalistic comment. Sorry, but Ive met some great staffies (gentle, friendly, good with people and pets) but I've also encountered some real monsters in the breed- and I mean monsters, just ad you get in any breed or crossbreed and to claim all dogs in a specific breed are as pure as snow is naive

My previous dobe Ailsa was attacked several times over her lifetime by off-lead staffies and Im talking vicious brutes determined to rip ten bells out of her: twice the owners had to kick the crap out of their dog to make it let go of mine and other times the cretinous cowards have just run off in the opposite direction rather than try to prise their dog off or accept any responsibility Twice, she needed veterinary treatment which went into three figures. My sister had (dunno if she still does but I hope not) the nastiest dog Ive ever had the misfortune to be in the same room with, it tried to leap up and snap at my face and never stopped growling the whole time we were there - a staffy.

You cannot generalise about a breed.

yes, they are. I think it is the breed. :D

I think the study asked who had been bitten by their own dogs and a high number of dachshund owners had been.

Mine nip me for attention but only superficially. A few I've had over the years have mastered the art of getting just 1 hair in its mouth and pulling it out... ouch :( . :D

(followed by chihuahuas)

Years ago when I first looked into getting a dobe, I joined the Petplanet pets forum and funnily enough, a lot of dobe owners also owned daxies or lancashire heelers: I think it was a black and tan thing, but they reckoned their big cumsy dobes and their long-dogs were a great pairing. I happen to like dachsunds but confess a particular affection for English Toy Terriers

Hmmm a very generalistic comment. Sorry, but Ive met some great staffies (gentle, friendly, good with people and pets) but I've also encountered some real monsters in the breed- and I mean monsters

My previous dobe Ailsa was attacked several times over her lifetime by off-lead staffies and Im talking vicious brutes determined to rip ten bells out of her: twice the owners had to kick the crap out of their dog to make it let go of mine and other times the cretinous cowards have just run off in the opposite direction rather than try to prise their dog off or accept any responsibility Twice, she needed veterinary treatment which went into three figures. My sister had (dunno if she still does but I hope not) the nastiest dog Ive ever had the misfortune to be in the same room with, it tried to leap up and snap at my face and never stopped growling the whole time we were there - a staffy.

You cannot generalise about a breed.

Try telling that to our resident Staffie hating twosome

Archived