Is there anyone left on here that defends this Government?

do you support the governments plans to repay the uk debt ?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. do you support the governments plans to repay the uk debt ?

• yes i support the governments plans to repay the debt
    • no i do not support the governments plan to repay the debt
    • i dont care at all.

Out of curiousity, how much better or worse off did you finsh up under Labour.

Genuinely interested as my value increased quite a bit, whereas under this shower it's going down by the day.

Dont start this old chestnut again. Your rudimentary understanding of economics and your insistance on repeating the same old stuff goes to show you have very little understanding.

What is evident is that the UK dropped like a lead balloon in such indicators as Quality of Life and Levels of education while Labour were in power.

Simple question really, if you were to cash in all your chips when Labour came to power what was the value, and then same question when they left.

Now do the same thing since this lot came to power and tell me why you think this lot are doing a decent job.

Seems you think the housing bubble was an excellent thing to happen, perhaps you could explain why to all the people that can't afford homes now.

Dont start this old chestnut again. Your rudimentary understanding of economics and your insistance on repeating the same old stuff goes to show you have very little understanding.

What is evident is that the UK dropped like a lead balloon in such indicators as Quality of Life and Levels of education while Labour were in power.

So you don't want to talk about economic issues and choose to move the debate on to quality of life.

So which barometers are you using for this judgement?

Seems you think the housing bubble was an excellent thing to happen, perhaps you could explain why to all the people that can't afford homes now.

Same old Scuba avoiding difficult questions.

Come back when you have the bottle to recognise that this lot are an incompetent bunch of halfwits, who are going to cause a lot of harm to the people of this country.

So you don't want to talk about economic issues and choose to move the debate on to quality of life.

So which barometers are you using for this judgement?

No not at all, your understanding of economics is self evident by all of the claims you have made over how much beter off we all are/were under labour. It was pointed out to you on many occasions that your figures where made up of the steep increase in property, which is not wealth at all. If you managed to accept that fact, I didn't see it.

The barometer in question is the benchmark published by The Economist. They do not publish an index every year but the index for 2005 (suitably equidistant between labour coming to and losing power) ranks the UK 28th in the world. Putting us next to ex-Soviet states.

Have a read of this:

Northern European countries dominate the Economist Intelligence Unit's quality-of-life index for 2005

http://www.economist.com/node/9753089

Can you spot the missing Northern European country from the list?

Instead of talking about a 0.1% difference between Labour and the current government, why not highlight Labours alternative's to what is being put into place by the coalition?

I think you'll find that indicators of 'Quality of Life' nose-dived in former industrial centres of the country when the Cons got in, in the the 1980's. May be not in the South East as they were the net beneficaries of Thatcherism.

I think you'll find that indicators of 'Quality of Life' nose-dived in former industrial centres of the country when the Cons got in, in the the 1980's. May be not in the South East as they were the net beneficaries of Thatcherism.

That may well be the case, but quality of life indicators saw the UK nose dive right in the middle of labours tenure, in stark contrast to other Northern European nations.

Archived