Is there anyone left on here that defends this Government?

do you support the governments plans to repay the uk debt ?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. do you support the governments plans to repay the uk debt ?

• yes i support the governments plans to repay the debt
    • no i do not support the governments plan to repay the debt
    • i dont care at all.

Who is saying that the rich should pay as little as possible and the poor bail them out? Who is actually saying that?

Do you dispute the argument that the poor are having their Benefits cut to bridge a deficit caused by the errors/mistakes of rich people?

Do you dispute the argument that the poor are having their Benefits cut to bridge a deficit caused by the errors/mistakes of rich people?
Yes.

The benefits system needs to be streamlined - far too much is paid out far too easily to people who choose not to work. Weak economy or not, this needs doing.

As for why we're doing it - forget that rather tired argument of blaming it on 'rich people' (are all rich people city bankers?). The banking catastrophe is only part of it - the main reason we as a nation are in financial trouble is because Labour overspent (as it always does) and left the current coalition with a right old mess to put right.

They pay 50% Tax above 150,000 a year.

Let's examine this a bit further.

To receive that amount for a 37 hour week you would be receiving around £80 hour, for every hour above that the difference between 50 pence and 40 pence tax levels would be around £7 an hour.

The poorest people in this country are having their Benefit cut to pay for the mistakes these rich people made.

Now given a choice would you rather take the £10 a week from those who have very little, or £7 an hour out of £77 earned from the very rich.

I know where I'd rather the money came from.

yes thats right , so they are already paying WAY more into the pot than the lower earners like myself, so surely the most even way to even it out is to get low earners ang benefit claimiants to either pay 50% tax and /or lose 50% of their benfits , that would be fair wouldnt it !

Yes.

The benefits system needs to be streamlined - far too much is paid out far too easily to people who choose not to work. Weak economy or not, this needs doing.

As for why we're doing it - forget that rather tired argument of blaming it on 'rich people' (are all rich people city bankers?). The banking catastrophe is only part of it - the main reason we as a nation are in financial trouble is because Labour overspent (as it always does) and left the current coalition with a right old mess to put right.

So if Labour "overspent" with a budget deficit of 1.61%, what do you term the overpend under the Tories when the deficit was 6.26%:huh:

yes thats right , so they are already paying WAY more into the pot than the lower earners like myself, so surely the most even way to even it out is to get low earners ang benefit claimiants to either pay 50% tax and /or lose 50% of their benfits , that would be fair wouldnt it !

I despair!!!

How do you think they get into the position to make more money?

Archived