Is there anyone left on here that defends this Government?

do you support the governments plans to repay the uk debt ?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. do you support the governments plans to repay the uk debt ?

• yes i support the governments plans to repay the debt
    • no i do not support the governments plan to repay the debt
    • i dont care at all.

The first issue anyone faces with debts is accepting that they exist.

The next is taking steps to reduce them.

Labour, especially Ed Balls, do not appear to be able to accept the first or have a plan for the second.

The countrys finances are in a mess. Fact.

It happened on Labours watch. Fact.

The current Government have to address the debts. Fact.

The first issue anyone faces with debts is accepting that they exist.

The next is taking steps to reduce them.

Labour, especially Ed Balls, do not appear to be able to accept the first or have a plan for the second.

The countrys finances are in a mess. Fact.

It happened on Labours watch. Fact.

The current Government have to address the debts. Fact.

Ed Moribund as he now appears to be known after his weary old soundbites speech,doesn't appear to have a clue where the Labour party is heading!............ah well,back to the Blair school of slick salesmanship!

I would have thought that was blatantly obvious as it would allow us to ask them why.

I've asked the people I suspect voted yes (including your good self) for this information and the consistent response has been to ignore the question.

I can't think why people won't give us this information unless they are an embarassed about their reasons.

I and others have already identified ourselves as responding 'yes' to the poll, and we have already plenty explained our reasons for doing so.

So you think the government control the admissions policies of universities?
Only when, driven by left-wing agendas, it forces establishments to take on increasing numbers of 'underpriviliged' applicants based on their social background rather than their academic results.

And what about they likes of those that get good qualifications, maybe better than other candidates, who can't get into Oxbridge because of their social background?

I know at least two who've got into Oxford and Cambridge in the past two years and went to a bog standard comprehensive school and were brought up on Warrington council estates.

I know at least two who've got into Oxford and Cambridge in the past two years and went to a bog standard comprehensive school and were brought up on Warrington council estates.

2? As many as that, eh? Well, perhaps that's their quota for the year then, just to try and prove Obridge isn't stuckup about social background.

. . . . .

2- It is the fault of a unjust system that allows people whose main skill is persuading others to part with their money, to earn considerably more than for example a Paramedic.

While I would not in any way question the skill and value of a paramedic, are you saying that no trader/merchant/businessman should ever be able to earn much more than a paramedic?

Would you include, say, the owner of a hundred retail stores who employs a thousand people?

Same here, 3 from my final year at school went to Oxford Uni (many moons ago). Again, a bog standard school.

If you take into account the number of places at Oxford and the number of secondary schools in the UK, 2 to 3 people is the average.

The entry process has nothing whatsoever to do with social background.

Archived